Has your small purse turned into a gigantic tote bag, filled with most of your dressing table items? You need only these five summer skin care essentials for your purse. Put them in a clear zip-locked bag, and your shoulders or hands will thank you.
Some women are lucky enough to get by with the bare necessities: a wallet, cell phone, keys, and lipstick, but most women are mortal. We need to wise up and be smarter about what makeup and beauty essentials to carry and what to leave behind at home – especially during the summer and monsoon months.
Although it can be tempting to pack dozens of beauty essentials for your handbag, you can cut down on your skin care products to just a handful:
- Lip Balm: Dry, flake-free lips? Moisturising lips is a never-ending task! No matter how bad your day is going, soothe lips whenever they start to feel dry. Slather them with a lip balm alone or use it under your lipstick.
- Hand Lotion: Dry hands? Hands and feet are always exposed, but unlike your face, the skin will feel much drier than your face. Carry a travel-sized hand cream in your purse, preferably one with SPF that smells wow!
- Face Mist: Stuck in air conditioning all day? If the AC or fan is drying out your skin, then your dehydrated face will need some moisture too. Spritz your way to perfect skin by carrying a cooling face mist in your purse. Spray a hydrating, chilled face mist in the afternoon or 20 minutes before stepping out. The good ones are enriched with herbs, aloe, cucumber, vitamins C and E too!
- Travel Wipes: No water in the office? Sometimes you need to clean your hands and face when there is no water in the bathroom tap. Be prepared with wet wipes to keep your hands hygienic anytime anywhere on the go. The best ones clean with natural moisturisers, are hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive facial skin, and are made fragrance-free and alcohol-free.
- Sunscreen: This is probably most important of all summer skincare essentials. Use broad-spectrum (UVA & UVB sun protection) for your body and face before stepping outdoors. It works like an umbrella, protecting you against harmful sun rays that make your skin wrinkled and look old prematurely. In summer, use SPF 30 (more is not required), and ensure it is waterproof and sweat-proof. Carry a smaller, portable brand in your purse to reapply, especially if you are at the beach, go swimming or sweat a lot. For your face, pick a premium product, like Sisley Super Soin Solaire Youth Protector with SPF 30 to prevent premature ageing and shine.
What are your favourite skin problem solvers?
Tell us what your favourite monsoon summer skincare essentials are by logging in and commenting below.