What is Bhringraj Oil?
Bhringraj scientifically known as Eclipta prostrata, is a species of the sunflower family. In English it is also called the False Daisy. The mahabhringraj is a medicinal herb that grows in tropical climates mainly in India. It can also grow in Brazil, Thailand and China. Ancient Ayurveda considered bhringraj leaf to cleanse the liver and bhringraj oil as a remedy for baldness and cooling of the scalp. 100% pure bhringraj hair oil is dark green in color, but it is often formulated by blending it with coconut or sesame oil, and adding other plant extracts.
6 Amazing Benefits of Bhringraj Hair Oil
Applying Bhringraj Hair Oil daily to your hair and scalp can be beneficial since it gives you a healthy mane. Now let us discuss the benefits of bhringraj hair oil.
1. Bhringraj Hair Oil is good for Dandruff
Bhringraj hair oil penetrates the scalp more than other oils do especially if you blend it with coconut oil. Since dandruff is caused by dry scalp, this dense hair oil is the best for treating flaky scalp. Massage a few drops of warm blended hair oil on your scalp, wrap a hot towel for 5 minutes. Then add some more oil for deeper absorption. For dandruff, you can add some lemon juice to the mixture and then shampoo with a mild one.
2. Bhringraj Hair Oil can Treat Baldness
If you see bald patches on your scalp then you can try a natural remedy- Bhringraj Hair Oil. Bhringraj oil can help treat baldness if massaged onto the scalp regularly at bedtime. It improves blood circulation, allowing more nutrients to reach the hair roots. If you have an oily scalp, or your scalp feels oily in summer, but your hair ends are dry, the oil will strengthen the and stop hair loss and help in new hair growth.
3. Bhringraj Oil can help Reduce Hair Fall
Bhringraj oil has the ability to cool the scalp which helps reduce stress and stress-related hair loss. It makes up for nutritional deficiencies which leads to uncontrollable hair loss. Using this hair oil can increase hair follicles. It also has a calming and relaxing effect that helps you sleep better at night and makes you stress free.
4. Bhringraj Oil can Prevent Greying Hair
The leaves of the Bhringraj plant contains a black dye which can color hair naturally. If you regularly use bhringraj hair oil, especially with amla mixed in, will help darken your hair and prevent it from premature greying. Massage bhringraj hair oil at night and rinse off the next morning. With regular use you can see the difference.
5. Bhringraj Oil adds Shine to Hair
Bhringraj Hair Oil repairs split ends, making your hair soft, silky and shiny. Try making a DIY hair conditioner by mixing some bhringraj oil with coconut oil and amla to prepare a nourishing conditioner that gives lustrous hair from root to tips.
6. Bhringraj Oil can help in Hair Growth
Bhringraj Oil is considered to be the best oil for hair growth. This oil activates hair follicles which can increase the growth of new hair. Massaging this oil for 10 mins in circular motion can increase blood flow to the hair roots thus causing hair growth.
How to make bhringraj hair oil at home?
Want to make this hair oil at home for hair growth? Mix pure bhringraj oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil or sesame oil, and other herbal extracts like amla, brahmi, neem, shikakai, lemon and include this in your hair care routine and keep your hair problems at bay.
How to use bhringraj hair oil?
You can follow these ways to use bhringraj oil and get healthy hair.
- Add a few drops of an essential oil like lavender or eucalyptus to warm bhringraj oil. Gently massage warm bhringraj oil at night which keeps your scalp cool. Wash it off the next day with a mild shampoo.
- Mix bhringraj oil with coconut or almond oil on your scalp. Do a ‘turban therapy’, even if it’s only for 5 minutes. Just wrap a steaming hot towel around your head like a turban. Allow the oil to soak into the scalp for 30 minutes. Rinse off using a SLS and paraben free shampoo and conditioner.
- Mix pure bhringraj oil with aloe vera and lemon juice for dandruff free hair. Make this mixture and dab it on your scalp using cotton, keep it for an hour and wash it off with a natural shampoo.
Special Mention: Indulekha Bhringraj Oil
Indulekha Bringha Hair Oil is a popular Ayurvedic medicinal cure for hair fall. It is purely made from natural ingredients that prevent hair loss. Clinical studies have shown that when used regularly 3 times a week for 4 months, it reduces hair fall and grows new hair. This hair oil is prepared by using extracts from Bhringraj and Svetakutaja. The herb is then soaked in virgin coconut oil and matured under natural sunlight for up to 7 days.The power of the sun goes into making Indulekha Bhringraj Oil.
How to Use Indulekha Bhringraj Oil?
- This oil comes with a plastic user friendly bottle
- The bottle has a comb-like attachment on the top of the cap
- Each stripe of the comb is designed like a needle with a hole at the end
- With the help of this attachment, it is easy to apply the oil which reaches the roots
- With a single squeeze, the bottle releases required quantity (.5 ml-.8 ml) of oil
- You can easily then massage the oil with your fingertips to get nourishment
1. Reduces hair fall
2. Induces hair growth naturally
3. Easy application
4. Removes dandruff
5. Makes hair soft and shiny
6. Stops premature greying
1. Over priced
2. Very strong fragrance
3. Makes hair greasy
4. Not suitable for winter
Side Effects of Bhringraj Hair Oil
Generally this oil does not have any major side effects, but over application may cause itching of the scalp. The oil is cool and dense so applying it may cause severe cold. So try using this oil in the morning in moderate quantity to avoid complications.
Top 4 Bhringraj Hair Oil Product Recommendations
Here are the benefits of bhringraj hair oil in a nutshell.
- Bhringraj Hair Oil is good for Dandruff
- Bhringraj Hair Oil can Treat Baldness
- Bhringraj Oil can help Reduce Hair Fall
- Bhringraj Oil can Prevent Greying Hair
- Bhringraj Oil adds Shine to Hair
- Bhringraj Oil can help in Hair Growth