Table of Contents
Best Fish Oil
What’s so special about the best fish oil in India? Well, it’s a powerhouse of omega-3 fatty acids that can be beneficial for your health. With the World Health Organisation (WHO) advising people to consume at least 1-2 ounces of fish every week, finding the best fish oil tops higher on your priority list.
But, before really getting yourself the best Omega 3 capsules in India, you can have the below questions flooding your minds:
1) What are the benefits of the best fish oil in India on our bodies?
2) How much fish oil capsules should I consume every day?
3) Among all these brands selling omega 3, which one should I choose that will actually meet all my requirements?
Don’t really stress out! We have made a list of the top 10 best fish oil in India putting a lot of hard research work into it. Also, to make this list more authentic and trustworthy, we have interviewed 5 experts and tested almost 20 different fish oil brands and come up with this list.
We hope this article saves you the time of finding the best Omega 3 capsules in India. All you need to do is go through the article and choose the best fish oil in India for yourself! Cheers to your good health!
List of the Top 10 Best Fish Oil in India – 2020
There are several brands providing fish oil to its consumers, and if you are a first-time buyer, or don’t have much knowledge of fish oil, here are the top 10 best fish oil supplements in India you can choose from.
10. GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil 900Mg Omega-3 Supplement
Why Did We Choose It?
Though GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil 900Mg Omega-3 Supplement comes at a whopping price, the rest of the important ingredients present in the capsules make it stand out from the rest of the fish oil on the list of best fish oil. Out of the 1000 mg total fish oil contents, 540 mg EPA and 360 mg DHA, proves of a higher omega 3 fatty acid intake. The fish oil has been extracted from wild, deepwater fishes, but has also tested as mercury, gluten, lead, and other heavy metal-free to ensure safety, and is also FSSAI certified proving to its authenticity as the best fish oil.
- The bottle has a total of 1000 mg of fish oil supplements
- It contains 60 enteric-coated capsules
- 900 mg omega 3 fatty acids are included
- Out of the 900 mg omega 3s, 540 mg is EPA
- The rest of the 360 mg is DHA
- The fish oil has been extracted from wild, deepwater fishes and is mercury, gluten, lead, and other heavy metal-free
- The product is an FSSAI certified product
9. RSP Nutrition Fish Oil
Why Did We Choose It?
Though it comes at a slightly higher price, RSP Nutrition Fish Oil has many reasons to be considered among the best fish oil supplements. The fish oil contents are of 1250 mg, out of which omega 3s acquire 900 mg. This 900 mg omega 3 fatty acids are divided into 450 mg EPA and 300 mg DHA added with 150 mg another omega 3 fatty acids. With a 3:2 EPA-DHA ratio, the soft gel capsules offer optimal absorption, and follow no unwanted fishy aftertaste or burp, to consider it among best fish oil. However, there is no mention of certification ensuring its safety, which is why it climbs down on the list of best omega 3 supplements.
- This package contains a total amount of 1250 mg fish oil
- It contains 120 soft gel capsules
- EPA contents are of 450 mg
- While DHA consumes 300 mg
- 150 mg of another omega 3 fatty acids are also included
- It has no unwanted fishy aftertaste and burps
8. HealthKart Fish Oil
Why Did We Choose It?
Among fish oil manufacturing brands, HealthKart Fish Oil offers all the necessary things, enough to be considered among the best fish oil in India. At a moderate rate of 349, HealthKart provides 60 soft gelatin capsules. The EPA-DHA ratio is just the exact 3:2, with each EPA-DHA quantity of 180 mg and 120 mg. The product also details its fish oil extraction from only cold-water fishes such as Sardines. To ensure safety to all consumers, the product is processed through molecular distillation, in order to remove all the heavy metals from the fish oil, and after consumption, it does elope a fishy aftertaste. Additionally, this fish oil is also GMP certified to be considered among the best fish oil.
- Total content on this fish oil is 1000 mg
- Number of capsules included are 60
- It contains 180 mg EPA
- The DHA is 120 mg
- This fish oil supplement is free from heavy metal
- This product manufactured in a GMP certified facility
- The oil is extracted from cold-water fishes like Sardines
7. MuscleBlaze Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg
On our list of best fish oil in India, MuscleBlaze Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg secures a comfortable spot vying for all the right reasons. This fish oil bottle contains 180 soft gel capsules for a great price. Out of the 1000 mg omega 3 content in the bottle, EPA stands at 180 mg, while DHA is 120 mg. This also covers a 3:2 EPA-DHA ratio for an easy absorption rate. Another reason to consider it among the best fish oil supplement in India, due to it being FSSAI certified.
- The total content for this fish oil supplement is 1000 mg
- Number of capsules present in the container is 180
- Out of the 1000 mg fish oil, EPA is 180 mg
- It contains another 120 mg of DHA
- No sugar added
- It comes in soft gel form for easy consumption
6. Carbamide Forte Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg Double Strength
Why Did We Choose It?
For choosing the best fish oil in India, a few things need to be kept in mind. For instance, how safe is the contents, the quality of the product, and most importantly if it’s tested by a third party and is certified for safe consumption. Carbamide Forte Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg Double Strength, meets all the necessary requirements to become the best fish oil. At such a regular rate, providing 120 soft gel capsules with EPA and DHA quantity respective, 330, and 220, which derives the 3:2 ratio for better absorption of omega 3 fatty acids. Carbamide Forte delivers authenticity providing, 100% Non-GMO, mercury-free, gluten-free fish oil capsules; guaranteeing the third party tested product purity, effectiveness, ingredient safety, nutritional
value and label accuracy.
- The total content of the bottle is 1000 mg
- It contains 120 capsules
- Out of 1000 mg, EPA is 330 mg
- It also contains 220 mg DHA
- The capsules are made mercury-free
- They are also gluten-free
- Capsules are of a soft gel form and easy to consume
5. Mountainor Omega – 3 Fish Oil 1000mg Triple Strength Capsules
Why Did We Choose it?
Another product on the list which needs to be considered among the best fish oil, depending on its price, EPA-DHA ratio, third party tests and food safety certification from the FDA. Mountainor Omega – 3 Fish Oil 1000mg Triple Strength Capsules, offers 60 soft gel capsules, which has a 500 mg EPA and 300 mg DHA. Apart from the high EPA-DHA levels, it is also proved to be, heavy metal -free and gluten-free being processed through molecular distillation. Ensuring your safety, it is also FDA certified to clear the doubts in your mind. All of this, Mountainor Omega – 3 Fish Oil 1000mg provides at a really cheap rate of just enough to count it among the best fish oil in India.
- Total fish oil content is 1000 mg
- It comes with 60 soft gel capsules
- The fish oil consists of 900 mg of important omega 3 fatty acids
- 500 mg EPA and 300 mg DHA makes up for the major party of the 900 mg Omega 3s
- The product is purified of heavy metal such as mercury, through the molecular distillation procedure
- This fish oil supplement is FDA certified
4. TrueBasics Omega-3 Fish Oil
Why Did We Choose It?
Next, on the list of best fish oil, TrueBasics Omega-3 Fish Oil secures a safe spot. Having 540 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA omega 3 fatty acids out of the entire 1250 mg fish oil contents, TrueBasics Omega-3 Fish Oil provides a higher amount of EPA-DHA, to be considered among the best fish oil in India. TrueBasics Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules are sources authentically from cold-water fishes such as, Sardine. And to avoid heavy-metal inclusion, the fish oil is processed via molecular distillation and the enteric-coated capsules with anti-reflux formula ensure better absorption of fatty acids along with the elimination of fishy aftertaste which gives it a sure place among best fish oil supplements.
- The bottle contains a total amount of 1250 mg of fish oil
- Number of capsules included in the product is 60 soft gel capsules
- 540 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA contents among total omega 3s
- The capsules are enteric-coated eliminating fishy aftertaste
- The fish oil is processed via molecular distillation to purify the item from heavy-metals
- It is sourced from cold-water fishes like Sardines
3. St.Botanica Fish Oil Omega 3 Advanced 1000 Mg
Why Did We Choose It?
In the list of best fish oil in India, St.Botanica Fish Oil Omega 3 Advanced 1000Mg secured a deserved place, for all the right reasons. The 1000 mg pack contains 330 mg EPA and 220 DHA, in the form of enteric-coated capsules to ensure no burping and 3X easy absorption. Added with that, the product is also approved by Nsf – International, Iso 9001:2008, Qms-Haccp under the State-Of-Art manufacturing facility. For being under certified facilities, this fish oil marks safety, as being processed through molecular distillation allowing the supplements to be free of mercury and other heavy metals as well as toxins. Considering all the details, St.Botanica Fish Oil Omega 3 Advanced 1000Mg acquires its rightful place on the list of best fish oil.
- The total content of the bottle is 1000 mg
- 60 enteric-coated capsules are included in the package
- Among the 1000 mg fish, omega 3 contents are of 650 mg
- 330 mg EPA present among the whole 650 mg omega 3 contents
- The rest of the 220 mg omega 3 content is DHA
- The fish oils are manufactured under a State-Of-Art manufacturing facility
- This product is also free from heavy metals, Mercury, Pcb’S and other toxins through molecular distillation
2. Naturyz Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1400mg with 1000mg Omega
Why Did We Choose It?
The reason for Naturyz Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1400mg with 1000mg Omega 3 securing a spot among the best fish oil, due to its main attraction of higher omega 3 contents. The entire fish oil content is 1400 mg, out of which, 1000 mg is consumed by omega 3 fatty acids. While the EPA covers 600 mg, DHA consumes the rest of the 400 mg, meeting up to the ideal 3:2 EPA-DHA ratio. With its higher EPA-DHA rates, it attracts a lot of consumers who wish to go beyond the general omega 3 capacity, in order for acquiring higher benefits. This product is also GMP, ISO 22000, HACCP& HALAL Certified, to prove itself as the best fish oil supplement.
- The total content for this bottle is 1400 mg
- Omega 3 contains 1000 mg of the entire 1400 mg
- It contains 60 capsules inside the pack
- Out of the 1000 mg omega 3 contents, 600 mg is EPA
- DHA is the rest of the 400 mg
- This fish oil is mercury-free and toxin-free
- GMP, ISO 22000, HACCP HALAL Certified
1. WOW Omega-3 Fish Oil Triple Strength 1000 mg
Why Did We Choose It?
At a minimal price, WOW Omega-3 Fish Oil Triple Strength 1000mg delivers one of the best fish oil in India with a high EPA-DHA quantity. These 1000 mg bottle contains, 550 mg eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 350 mg docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), to offer the necessary omega 3 fatty acids to your body, brain, bones, and heart. You will not have to worry about product safety, with WOW Omega-3 Fish Oil providing a third-party tested non-GMO product along with testing for heavy metal. As a soft gel capsule with an enteric coating, they are quite easy to swallow and have no fishy aftertaste making it one of the best fish oil in India.
- The bottle contains a total amount of 1000 mg of fish oil supplement
- It contains 60 capsules inside
- EPA contents inside are of 550 mg
- While the DHA in the product is of 330 mg
- The capsules are in soft gel form
- It is made with non-GMO ingredients and also heavy metal tested
Let Us Sum It Up: Best Fish Oil in India
|Features||#1 WOW Omega-3 Fish Oil Triple Strength 1000 mg||#2 Naturyz Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil 1400 mg||#3 St.Botanica Fish Oil Omega 3 Advanced 1000 mg|
|Power||1000 mg||1400 mg||1000 mg|
|Dosage||1 capsule (morning & night)||1 capsule (morning & night)||1 soft gel|
|Pack Size||60 soft gels||60 soft gels||60 soft gels|
Buyer’s Guide: The Best Fish Oil in India
The label does not always have the correct information. In order to determine if a supplement is pure fish oil, look at how many milligrams the brand claims it has in each fish oil tablet. Then, flip the bottle over and look at the ingredients label. Some fish oil products have the total fish oil content, for others, you have to add EPA + DHA to find out the total amount. You must also see whether EPA is more important than DHA in Omega‑3 supplements. Also, look for omega 3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are the main draw of the best fish oil supplement. Choose wisely what ingredients you are looking for.
The brand is really important when you are buying fish oil supplements. Cheap ones may not be FSSAI approved. Also, they may have ingredients used as fillers to make their fish oil sellable. Good brands like WOW, GNC, and St.Botanica have pure ingredients like DHA, EPA which are perfect for a person’s consumption.
Price does not always matter when you are buying the best fish oil in India. But you must be sure about the product’s authenticity if you are to pay a high price. One should not waste their hard-earned money on a supplement that does not do good for your health. Talk to your doctor, ask him or her the best suitable option for you, and then start the consumption of fish oil supplements.
What is Fish Oil?
Fish oil refers to the fat or oil which is found in the tissue of some fishes. Fish oil supplements have so much popularity due to containing omega 3 fatty acids, especially the two most important ones, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These oils are generally found in oily fishes such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, swordfish, herring, seal blubber, cod liver, whale blubber. Fish oil supplements have been considered to provide a number of health benefits, which is why best fish oil supplements have greater demand.
Also Read: Fish Oil: Benefits, Sources, Dosage, and Side Effects
Types of the Best Fish Oil in India
Fish oil has both natural and processed forms. These omega 3 supplements can come in both these forms. The processing can actually affect the form of the fatty acids. This is important because some forms are absorbed better than others. So, it can have different forms for different health benefits.
Natural Fish Oil
This type of oil comes directly from the tissue of oily fish, mostly in the form of triglycerides. This is the best form of fish oil capsules. This is rich in vitamins A & D, and also contains omega-3s like EPA and DHA which ranges from 18–31%. It is believed to contain several important nutrients.
Processed Fish Oil
This type of oil is both purified and processed. When fish oils are refined, food chemists often convert the triglycerides into ethyl esters, allowing them to adjust the concentration of DHA and EPA in the oil. Some processed oils may contain up to 50–90% pure EPA or DHA. They are cheap and usually come in capsule form which is quite popular among consumers.
Krill oil is extracted from Antarctic krill which is a small shrimp-like animal. Krill oil contains omega-3s in both triglyceride and phospholipid forms. This type is not very popular everywhere.
These are generally found in the form of capsules or soft gels. These capsules are usually made from a soft layer of gelatin, and many brands also use an enteric coating which keeps the capsule from dissolving fully until it reaches a person’s small intestine. This is the most easily available fish oil in India.
Benefits of Fish Oil in India
Fish oil benefits are highly conflicted, but the positive results in several types of research have some reasons to believe in the positive outcomes. However, these positive outcomes suggest a number of fish oil benefits, which are listed below.
- Fish oil supplements have been proven to be effective in preventing higher levels of triglyceride in blood.
- Many risk factors for heart diseases can possibly be reduced by the intake of fish and fish oil supplements. Other than that, high blood pressure, heart failure, cholesterol levels, plaques, and irregular heartbeat, in short, a lot your heart health can be covered through the consumption of fish oil.
- Fish oil may be used for many skin disorders, such as Psoriasis and Dermatitis.
- It has also been used to improve bone health and has been useful in bone diseases like Osteoporosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Certain mental disorders have been stated to get improved or people with such conditions to be benefitted from using fish oil. Psychosis, Bipolar Disorder, DCD, ADHD, Depression to even Insomnia may be improved by the usage of fish oil.
- Fish oil also has been beneficial for eye health, by preventing or developing certain disorders, such as AMD, Dry Eye, and Cataract.
- Having anti-inflammatory properties, fish oil may be used in almost any inflammation.
- Fish oil might be beneficial for Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) among both children and adults.
- In the case of pregnancy, fish oil has been useful for both mother and child alike.
- Be it excessive weight gain or Obesity; or weight loss among ill people, fish oil have shown somewhat positive result to both symptoms.
- Fish oil has been used among people with some sort of kidney disease to improve their kidney conditions
- Some research shows taking fish oil alone or with Vitamin E or B12 can reduce period cramps among women to even reducing the need for consuming pain medications.
- There has been some conflicting evidence that suggests that fish oil intake may prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Studies have often proven fish oil to be effective among Asthma patients.
- Some evidence proves that fish oil improves cold tolerance in Raynaud’s Syndrome.
- People having an abnormal rate of cholesterol level due to HIV/AIDS may also be benefited from fish oil usage
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Omega 3 Capsules in India
1. Which is the best fish oil supplement in India?
Ans: As there are a number of fish oil supplements available in the market, finding the best fish oil can be confusing, especially when you are buying it for the first time. The entire process of choosing the best fish oil is heavily dependent upon the important ingredients present in a single fish oil bottle. However, products like WOW Omega-3 fish oil, St. Botanica, and TrueBasics are offering quite a lot of features and safety to consider the best fish oil supplement in India.
2. Is Omega 3 and Fish Oil the same?
Ans: The answer is no. Omega 3 are essential fats required in your body, while fish oil is rich with omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are not only found in fish oil, rather, other plant sources like flax seeds also contain high levels of omega 3 fatty acids.
3. Does Omega 3 help sexually?
Ans: Actually omega 3 can increase the dopamine levels in the brain which is the feel-good hormones. These can trigger arousal for better sexual performance. So, Omega-3 fatty acids also help with the sexual interests of both men, and women.
4. Is it good to take Omega 3 every day?
Ans: You should not increase the doses of omega 3 more than 3,000 mg per day. This is the safe recommended dosage that people can consume. Ideally, it is 1-2 capsules every day. But, it is best to consult with a healthcare expert for the exact dosage.
5. What are the side effects of fish oil supplements?
Ans: There are some side effects that can occur when you regularly consume fish oil.
- Stomach upset
- Loose stools
- Bad Breaths
- Nose Bleeds
With a growing number of fish oil consumption among all people due to the massive number of health benefits that omega 3 fatty acids provide, fish oil supplements are very much available in the Indian markets.
So, if you take fish oil, or consider using fish oil supplements, here is all you need to know about the best fish oil in India.
Did you like this article? Then share this with your friends and family. Did we miss out on anything? Then let us know your feedback! Also, do not forget to mention your favorite Omega 3 Capsules in India in the section below.