Are you looking for the best mattress in India? Then you are on the right page.
Did you know that not getting a good amount of sleep, can add up to your sleep debt? This can lead to both physical and mental stress. One of the most common causes is the wrong selection of the mattress you sleep on.
After a hard day at work, all you need is a peaceful night’s sleep. You surely do not want to get up with a backache in the morning. A right mattress adds a lot to your sound sleep. It gives you the right amount of comfort with healthy posture, alignment. It also helps you wake up feeling rejuvenated the next day.
Selecting the best mattress is not as easy as it seems. To make it a little easier for you, we have prepared a consolidated list of the Top 10 Best Mattress in India. This list has everything you need to know before making a purchase decision.
Table of Contents
What are the different types of Mattresses?
1. Coir Mattress
Coir foam Mattress is made of coir which is a natural fiber that is obtained by removing the coconut husk. This makes the coir foam mattress hard and beneficial for your health.
- This mattress has a firm base
- These mattresses are reasonably priced
- It does not cause any disturbance if there is movement around
- Not very long-lasting
- Since it is firm, so it can cause back pain and discomfort
- Provides no heat during cold months
2. Spring Mattress
They consist of lots of metal coils, which is beneficial for heavy people or those with back problems.
- This mattress has quite a bouncy base
- These mattresses are priced reasonably
- It provides medium support for your back pain
- This type of mattress has a medium longevity period
- When there is movement in the mattress, it can cause sleep disturbance
- Does not provide any warmth during cold months
3. Foam Mattress
Foam mattresses are air trapped within aerated substances (rather than springs) to offer support and bounce.
- This mattress is one of the best for back pain
- These mattresses are very durable
- It does not cause any discomfort when there is movement on the bed around
- This mattress is expensive as compared to spring and coir mattresses
- It emits heat so if you cannot tolerate high temperature it can make you sweat
- If there is tossing and turning, then may cause sleep disturbance
- Does not provide any warmth during cold months
4. Memory Foam Mattress
It combines a layer of memory foam with springs or support foam. Memory foam uses your body heat to soften and mold to your shape.
- Helps you maintain the perfect body temperature
- The best mattress for people with spinal cord issues
- This mattress adjusts according to your body shape and size
- These can help you maintain your posture while sleeping
- This mattress has polyurethane which protects the mattress from dust and allergens
- Not the best mattress for back pain
- Can be a little smelly because of the chemicals used in its making
- If there is tossing and turning, it may cause some disturbance
- The mattress can cause sweating
5. Latex Mattress
They have latex foam with either springs or reflex foam to create a supportive and durable sleep surface.
- The mattress is bouncy with a rubber content and foam grid
- These are made of eco-friendly natural materials
- They have a durable nature and quality
- It makes it easier for you to sleep undisturbed
- This mattress adjusts according to your body shape
- There is a strong smell of rubber
- This is one of the most expensive mattresses
6. Airbed Mattress
It is also known as an airbed or a blow-up bed is an inflatable mattress, which is usually made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Airbed mattresses do not absorb heat from the body and makes it comfortable
- These kinds of mattresses are best for side sleepers with lower back pain
- You can increase the firmness or make it bouncier depends on your compatibility level
- The PVC material of airbeds is odourless
- These mattresses are extremely durable
- This type of mattress is very economical
- Sometimes the pump of these mattresses are can be very noisy
- The warranties of this kind of mattress are very low
How to Choose the Best Mattress?
Here’s what to look for based on your needs when buying a mattress.
A) Size of the Mattress
The size of the mattress is a key factor when buying one. The size should be in sync with the size of your bed. There are 4 different mattress sizes available.
B) The Thickness of the Mattress
Another important thing to look for when buying the best mattress in India is its thickness. Bodyweight is a crucial factor that determines the depth of your mattress. If you are a heavy individual, you would feel comfortable on thicker beds. On the other hand, lighter individuals prefer shorter beds.
C) Sleep Style
Depending on the style you sleep you can choose the best mattress for yourself. If you sleep on your side, get yourself a soft foam mattress. If you prefer sleeping on your stomach, then firm foam or air-filled mattress is the best for you. If you sleep on your back, then you can find happiness on any kind of a mattress.
D) Back Pain
People with severe back pain can opt for latex or memory foam mattresses which can provide relief to your back while you sleep peacefully.
E) Allergy Prone
If you go for an air-filled mattress then be sure to put an allergen-resistant cover. You can choose a foam or a latex one, these are antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites.
Generally, a mattress lasts for 5-10 years. Durability depends on the composition of the materials. The coir mattress a smaller lifespan of up to 5 years. Foam and the memory foam one can last longer than seven years. The latex and airbed mattresses can last up to 15 years.
Here are the Top 10 Best Mattress in India
At position number 10 on our list of best mattress in India, we have a king-size mattress from the house of AVI. This can be used to enhance the comfort of any sleeping surface. It is made of high-quality materials to provide a plush and soft feel.
- Product Thickness- 2 Inches
- Outer Material- 100 GSM Polyester
- Corner Brands- 4 Corner elastic anchor bands to hold the topper in place
- Extra Comfort- Adds an extra layer of softness to your bed
- Care Instruction- Do not wash, Dry clean only
- Hypoallergenic mattress, does not trigger allergic reactions
- Elastic fasteners are used to keep this mattress in place
- Its hollow centre, traps air and keeps you warm
- Easy to install and remove
- Acts more like a comforter
- Not suitable for humid areas
- The thickness of the product does not help people with back pain
- You need to prchase a cover
- No Warranty
At number 9 on our list of the best mattress in India, we have the mattress from Sleepwell. Experience blissful sleep with the Discover 4″ mattress from the House of Sleepwell – a household name in sleeping solutions.
- Better comfort-Soft PU foam quilting
- Improved air circulation-air mesh fabric
- Primary Material: Foam
- Bed Size: Double
- Available in 2 colors
- Multi-Layered core for luxurious comfort
- There is free-flowing circulation due to airmesh fabric
- The product is delivered in a pre-assembled state
- This mattress is lightweight
- 1 year warranty
- Value for money
- Though made of foam, but can be a little hard
- It may hurt your back
The number 8 on our list of the best mattress in India is True Value. This mattress allows you to get a comfortable night’s sleep wherever you go. Simply unfold the foam bed on the floor in any room. You can be comfortable anywhere you want.
- Pu Foam material type
- Various sizes are available
- It has a premium quality quilted cover
- It is a reversible mattress
- Available in different colors
- The product is not heavy
- Very easy to keep dust-free
- Gives you a good comfort level
- It may be little hard
- This mattress is difficult to clean
- Cannot be assembled on your own
This queen size mattress from the house of Wakefit is the number 7 on our list of best mattress in India. An all-purpose mattress that provides enhanced comfort by offering different levels of firmness. So whether you prefer a soft sleeping surface or a firmer sleeping surface, you can select this mattress.
- Made with soft foam and high resilience foam
- It has various thickness sizes
- This is a dual fit mattress
- Non-removable fixed cover
- Has a breathable foam, so that you sleep better
- This mattress has s soft foam for better experience in summer
- Also it has a firm surface for use in winter
- It is made of high quality polyester for comfort
- Has a 3 year warranty
- Not easy to clean because of its non-removable cover
- For the features it offers, the product is quite costly
- Not for heavy people
At number 6 of the best mattress in India, there is the Flo-Ergo Gel Memory Foam mattress. This especially for those who prefer medium soft, ergonomic support. This mattress has been crafted from a top layer of white gel-infused memory foam and a support layer of their Flo responsive foam. This is one of the best mattress for back pain.
- Gives uncompromised back support
- White gel micro-capsules in the mattress makes it comfortable when it is hot outside
- Aloe-Vera gel-infused cover which protects the mattress and your skin
- The mattress is quite firm
- 100-night trials are available
- India's First Ergonomic Mattress
- Unparalleled spine support
- Great for the mattress and even your skin since it has aloe vera
- It keeps you cool during sleep
- It is free of harmful substances and chemicals
- It is a little expensive
The Sleepy Cat mattress is at number 5 of the best mattress in India. The SleepyCat Plus mattress is a premium 8-inch orthopedic mattress. It has a unique Gel memory foam layer is designed to distribute your body weight evenly and keep you cool throughout the night.
- Luxury 8 Inch Mattress with 2 inches of Gel memory foam and 6 inches of High-density base support foam
- Premium quality zipper cover with a breezy inner cover and bottom anti-skid fabric
- A specialized inner netted cover helps to maintain the foam inside while providing unique airflow throughout your mattress
- Zero Partner Disturbance
- No harmful chemicals
- It is very easy to set up
- The cover comes with an anti skid base that keeps your mattress from shifting
- It has premium quality material to suit everyone's needs
- It is made up of non-toxic materials
- The warranty is 5 years
- There are cooling crystals to soothe your body during sleep
- The price of the mattress is on the higher side.
At number 4 of the best mattress in India, we have another mattress from Sleepwell, from their ortho care range. This is one of the best orthopedic mattresses to choose from. Back pain is a common problem nowadays and the main cause is the wrong mattress. This mattress is engineered to adjust according to your sleeping position. It provides supports on your pressure points, to give your back lasting relief.
- Extra comfort and support with added thickness
- Available in various colors
- Memory foam in quilting offers luxurious comfort and relieves body pressure point
- Soft knitted fabric for a plush feel
- The air mesh fabric on the sidewall for better air circulation
- It has thick top quilting of 15mm memory foam with 8mm PU foam filling for that extra comfort
- Engineered for back pain
- The product is delivered in a pre-assembled state
- The mattress remains fresh for a long time since it has neem fresh technology
- It can also be used on both sides based on your firmness requirement
- This has a 3 years warranty
- Warranty period is less for an orthopaedic mattress
- A little expensive
The number 3 on our list of the best mattress in India is Extra Sleep Coir Mattress. This premium back supports Orthopaedic Care Coir Mattress, Cotton Breathable Fabric has been made with years of experience in the sleep industry. This mattress is made with high-quality materials that provide comfort as well as durability to the mattress.
- The product has natural rubberized coir
- It has a PU foam layer to give support
- The mattress has a premium cotton fabric
- Available in different color options
- The mattress thickness is 4mm
- Goes through the mattress quality checking to make sure you get enough comfort
- The fabric is breathable and will give you a sound sleep at night
- It helps to maintain your body posture
- Comes with a 5 year warranty
- It is very affordable
- No cons as of now
At position number 2 on the list of the best mattress in India, we have Amazon’s Kingsize Solimo mattress. From the house of Amazon, Solimo mattresses provide you with a comfortable space. You can sleep, rest, lounge or watch TV, reading a book or do late-night work.
- Made from HR foam which contours to your body shape
- Quilted with premium 180 GSM knitted fabric for a soft feel
- Layered with natural coir and bonded foam
- This mattress is quilted with a premium finish
- The mattress has a thickness of 5mm
- It is long lasting & durable
- The mattress is made with 5 layers
- This mattress is firm and great for people with backache
- It adjusts according to your body weight
- This product has passed 50 quality checks
- The warranty is 5 years
- The price of the mattress is a little on the higher side
The number 1 that you all have been waiting for is the Wake-Up memory foam mattress. This tops our list of the best mattress in India. This memory foam mattress is best used as an orthopedic mattress. Ideal for back and neck pain is the best memory foam mattress. This orthopedic mattress designed in such a way that it relaxes your musculoskeletal structure. This is also the best mattress for back pain in India.
- Product Dimensions: Length(182.88 cm), Width(76.2cm), Thickness(12.7cm)
- Primary material: Memory foam and High-Density Support Foam
- Memory foam: Senses and shapes itself to individual body counters.
- It relieves all pressures points and alleviates stress across your entire body
- Orthopedic Support: Helps Maintain The Natural ‘S’ Shape Of Your Spine
- The mattress is anti-dust and anti-bacterial
- No harmful substances have been used to make this mattress
- This mattress is environment- friendly
- The mattress supports good ventilation
- This product has a 5 zone support
- Does not require an extra top cover
- It is very easy to clean
- The warranty period is 25 years
- No cons can be found
Identifying the Kind of Sleep Style You Have
The selection of the best mattress depends on the way you sleep. Let us see how the different styles of sleeping affect your decision to buy the right and mattress.
The side sleepers should avoid using the water and spring mattresses. Side sleepers feel most comfortable on a soft to the medium mattress. A soft or medium-soft mattress can relieve pressure from the neck and back area. It can also help to adjust with your body shape. To maintain proper alignment of the neck, spine and back these mattresses can be very helpful for side sleepers. To avoid pelvic rotation, you can use a pillow in between your legs.
Sleep Tip: If you are a side sleeper then sleep on whichever side makes you feel comfortable. But remember to choose a good pillow for avoiding neck and back pain. And, switch to different positions if this does not work.
Women who are pregnant are advised to sleep on their left side. Sleeping on the left side helps in improving the circulation of blood. The pregnant women should avoid sleeping on extremely firm or the incredibly soft ones. The foam or memory foam mattresses are the best choices for pregnant ladies.
Sleep Tip: If you want to sleep more comfortably then loosen up your position and relax while you curl up. Extend your legs and preferably put a pillow between your knees.
The mid-section of your body carries a lot of pressure during the day. When you sleep on your stomach, that area contains builds up more pressure. You must have the best mattress that provides support to not getting up with a bad backache. When your body is resting on your stomach then there are lesser gaps. Therefore some prefer softer mattresses when they sleep on their stomach. They can go for the advanced foam mattresses.
Sleep Tip: To help with your sleep and discomfort use a thin pillow or avoid using any pillow. This will reduce stress from your neck. You can also try putting a pillow under your pelvic area for back pain.
Mattress for Kids
Innerspring and memory foam mattresses are the most common types of support and these are the best options for kids. A common concern for parents is mattress firmness. Toddlers crib on firm mattresses. Kids are continuously growing so it. The size of the child’s mattress is critical. Mattresses last for six to seven years. A child can overgrow in seven years.
Spring mattresses are good, but children might start bouncing on them thereby increasing the chances of the spring tearing through the cover and causing unnecessary injuries.
Mattress for Back Pain
It does not matter whether you are a homemaker, a student, or a CEO of a multinational company. A bad mattress can ruin your day. Having a backache is one of the most annoying things in life.
Sleeping on the wrong type of mattress can give you backaches and other discomforts like shoulder pain, and neck pain. Here are the signs that should help you decide if your mattress needs a replacement.
Sleep Tip: If you lie flat on your back and have back pain problem, slip a pillow behind your knees. This will relieve pressure on your spine and reduce back pain.
Common Myths about the Best Mattress in India
Myth 1: A firm mattress is the best mattress for your back
A firm mattress provides support for your back. But, it depends on what the sleeping style of a person is. So, is better to have a mattress that is firm as well as soft enough to adjust to the shape of your body. To minimize pain and help your body relax for sleep, you need a mattress that conforms to your favorite sleeping positions.
Myth 2: Replace your mattress every 8 years
It is a complete myth since the longevity of a mattress depends on how well you take care of it, how you sleep on it, style of sleeping and how often you rotate it. A supportive mattress can give a better, healthier sleep. You will know the ideal time to shop for a new mattress based on how you feel when you wake up.
Myth 3: Use the mattress until it loses its shape
Many people use the warranty of their best mattress as a guide to decide when it’s time to replace it. Once you see that your mattress is losing elasticity, replace it. You must not wait for it to be completely worn out. If you wake up with aches in your body, then you must know that your mattress is sagging and will not give you the desired support. So, don’t wait for it to lose its shape. Get a new one!
Myth 4: A clean mattress requires washing sheets regularly
See, just by washing your bed sheets regularly won’t help in keeping the mattress clean. There are numerous dust mites which can cause coughing or other serious respiratory problems. So, it is advisable to clean the mattress also to get rid of these disease-causing mites.
Myth 5: A mattress topper will increase the lifespan of a mattress
A mattress topper isn’t a 360-degree solution for increasing longevity of a mattress. The truth is it provides cushioning and pressure point relief, so they are ideal if your bed is firm or rigid. But, if your mattress is way over its life then a sheet topper will not help to add years to it.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Mattress
1. What is the best mattress for back pain?
Ans: If your back is aching, then go for an orthopedic mattress. It supports the joints, back, and overall body. It is recommended by every doctor to help you get rid of the joint and back pains. An Orthopedic Mattress is the best mattress for back pain
2. What is a reversible mattress?
Ans: Also known as the reversible mattress, these double-sided mattresses are very popular these days. It offers comfort on both sides of the mattress. One side is softer and the other is a bit firmer. Use any one or both according to your requirements and convenience.
3. How to make a mattress last longer?
Ans: Here are some tips that you can follow to make a mattress last longer.
- Keep the mattress well supported
- Rotate the mattress quite regularly
- Wash the bed sheets often to keep the mattress clean
- Do not jump on the mattress which can cause unnecessary damage
- Give your mattress enough sunlight once in a while
- Make sure that you follow the manufacture’s cleaning directions
4. Is it possible that a mattress can cause back pain?
Ans: If you sleep on a wrong mattress, then it can cause or worsen your lower back pain. If there is not ample support from your mattress then it can cause poor sleeping posture, strained muscles, no spine alignment, etc. All of this can contribute to lower back pain. Get yourself checked by a doctor and change the mattress accordingly.
5. How to clean or maintain a mattress?
Ans: Before you start cleaning the mattress, wash your sheets and clean the mattress pads. Use hot water for cleaning the linens as well as the mattress as it can help in killing the dust mites.
A vacuum cleaner is the best tool for cleaning mattresses. Start from the top and work your way down. Similarly, vacuum the sides of the mattress with the help of different brushes provided along with the vacuum cleaner
Next, you can use baking soda to disinfect to get rid of ugly smells. Sprinkle baking soda on the mattress and then rub with a scrub brush. Wait for about ten minutes before you get on to the next step.
Once you’re done with the baking soda it becomes easy to remove the dirt by vacuuming it again. It will help eliminates humidity and odor.
Next, if there are stains on your mattress, then treat every stain differently. Stains can be removed effectively when they are fresh.
Here’s what you can do for different types of stains
For urine or other liquid stains
- Dissolve 3 tbsp. baking soda in 8 liters of hydrogen peroxide. Add one or two drops of liquid dish soap.
- Then dab this solution on the stain and let it dry.
- Make a dry foam whisking together 3 tbsp. powdered laundry detergent and 1 tbsp. water.
- Spread the paste on the stain, and let it sit on for about 30 minutes.
- Scrape the paste away with a spoon or dull edge of a butter knife.
- Then, Vacuum the remaining dried paste.
For Blood Stains
- Make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide (3%), liquid soap, and table salt.
- Spread this mixture on the stain and let it settle into the fabric before scraping the residue.
- Use a pain white cloth dipped in hydrogen peroxide to remove the stain by gently rotating the cloth. Any colored cloth can transfer it’s color to the mattress so use a white one.
After you vacuum your mattress, mix pure essential oils like lavender, tea tree, and eucalyptus in water and spritz it over your mattress. It will instantly refresh your mind and help you sleep well.
Now that you have reached the end of this list, you are well aware of all the information you need to purchase a mattress. We have tried to give honest and unbiased reviews of each mattress. You can now hustle through the day and sleep well through the night. Go ahead and choose the mattress of your choice.
Did we miss anything? Please leave a message at our comment section below for your favorite Mattress!