Did you know that not getting a good amount of sleep, can add up to your sleep debt? This can lead to both physical and mental stress. One of the most common causes is the wrong selection of the mattress you sleep on.
After a hard day at work, all you need is a peaceful night’s sleep. You surely do not want to get up with a backache in the morning. A right mattress adds a lot to your sound sleep. It gives you the right amount of comfort with healthy posture, alignment. It also helps you wake up feeling rejuvenated the next day.
Selecting the best mattress is not as easy as it seems. To make it a little easier for you, we have prepared a consolidated list of the Top 10 Mattresses. This list has everything you need to know before making a purchase decision.
What are the different type of Mattresses?
1. Coir Mattress
Coir foam Mattress is made of coir which is a natural fiber that is obtained by removing the coconut husk. This makes the coir foam mattress hard and beneficial for your health
2. Spring Mattress
They consist of a lots of metal coils, which is beneficial for heavy people or those with back problems.
3. Foam Mattress
Foam mattresses are air trapped within aerated substances (rather than springs) to offer support and bounce.
4. Memory Foam Mattress
It combines a layer of memory foam with springs or support foam. Memory foam uses your body heat to soften and mold to your shape.
5. Latex Mattress
They have latex foam with either springs or reflex foam to create a supportive and durable sleep surface.
6. Airbed Mattress
It is also known as an airbed or a blow-up bed is an inflatable mattress, which is usually made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
How to Choose the Perfect Mattress?
Here’s what to look for based on your needs when buying a mattress.
A) Size of the Mattress
The size of the mattress is a key factor when buying one. The size should be in sync with the size of your bed. There are 4 different mattress sizes available.
Single Size – They usually come in sizes (72 X 36) to (75 X 36) inches
Double Size – Usually comes in size range of (72 X 48) to (75 X 60) inches
Queen Size – These mattresses come in the size range (72 X 60) to (78 X 60) inches
King Size – You get them in the size range (72 X 72) to (78 X 72) inches
B) The Thickness of the Mattress
Another important thing to look for when buying a mattress is its thickness. Bodyweight is a crucial factor that determines the depth of your mattress. If you are a heavy individual, you would feel comfortable on thicker beds. On the other hand, lighter individuals prefer shorter beds.
C) Sleep Style
Depending on the style you sleep you can choose the best-suited mattress for yourself. If you sleep on your side, get yourself a soft foam mattress. If you prefer sleeping on your stomach, then firm foam or air-filled mattress is the best for you. If you sleep on your back, then you can find happiness on any kind of a mattress.
D) Back Pain
People with severe back pain can opt for latex or memory foam mattresses which can provide relief to your back while you sleep peacefully.
E) Allergy Prone
If you go for an air-filled mattress then be sure to put an allergen-resistant cover. You can choose a foam or a latex one, these are antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites.
Generally, a mattress lasts for 5-10 years. Durability depends on the composition of the materials. The coir mattresses have a smaller lifespan of up to 5 years. Foam and the memory foam one can last longer than seven years. The latex and airbed mattresses can last up to 15 years.
Also Read: [Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India]
Here are the Top 10 Best Mattress in India
10. AVI Super Soft 500 GSM Mattress
At position number 10 we have, a king size mattress from the house of AVI. This can be used to enhance the comfort of any sleeping surface. It is made of high quality materials to provide a plush and soft feel.
Price: Rs. 3,800
- Product Thickness- 2 Inches
- Outer Material- 100 GSM Polyster
- Corner Brands- 4 Corner elastic anchor bands to hold topper in place
- Extra Comfort- Adds an extra layer of softness to your bed
- Care Instruction- Do not wash, Dry clean only
- Hypoallergenic mattress, does not trigger allergic reactions
- Elastic fasteners are used to keep this mattress in place
- Its hollow centre, traps air and keeps you warm
- Easy to install and remove
- Acts more like a comforter
- Not suitable for humid areas
- The thickness of the product does not help people with back pain
- You need to prchase a cover
- No Warranty
9. Starlite by Sleepwell Discover Firm Foam Mattress
At number 9 we have the mattress from Sleepwell. Experience blissful sleep with the Discover 4″ mattress from the House of Sleepwell – a household name in sleeping solutions.
Price: Rs. 3,847
- Better comfort-Soft PU foam quilting
- Improved air circulation-airmesh fabric
- Primary Material: Foam
- Bed Size: Double
- Available in 2 colors
- Multi-Layered core for luxurious comfort
- There is free-flowing circulation due to airmesh fabric
- The product is delivered in a pre-assembled state
- This mattress is lightweight
- 1 year warranty
- Value for money
- Though made of foam, but can be a little hard
- It may hurt your back
8. True Value Pure Pu Foam Mattress
The number 8 on our list of top 10 mattress is True Value. This mattress allows you to get a comfortable night’s sleep wherever you go. Simply unfold the foam bed on the floor in any room. You can be comfortable anywhere you want.
Price: Rs. 1,999
- Pu Foam material type
- Various sizes are available
- Premium quality quilted cover
- It is a reversible mattress
- Available in different colors
- The product is not heavy
- Very easy to keep dust-free
- Gives you a good comfort level
- It may be little hard
- This mattress is difficult to clean
- Cannot be assembled on your own
7. Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress
This queen size mattress from the house of Wakefit is the umber 7 on our list of top 10. An all purpose mattress that provides enhanced comfort by offering different levels of firmness. So whether you prefer a soft sleeping surface or a firmer sleeping surface, you can select this mattress.
Price: Rs. 10,924
- Made with soft foam and high resilience foam
- It has various thickness sizes
- This is dual fit mattress
- Non-removable fixed cover
- Has a breathable foam, so that you sleep better
- This mattress has s soft foam for better experience in summer
- Also it has a firm surface for use in winter
- It is made of high quality polyester for comfort
- Has a 3 year warranty
- Not easy to clean because of its non-removable cover
- For the features it offers, the product is quite costly
- Not for heavy people
6. Flo Ergo Gel Memory + Proprietary Responsive Foam Mattress
At number 6, there is the Flo-Ergo Gel Memory Foam mattress. This specially for those who prefer medium soft, ergonomic support. This mattress has been crafted from a top layer of white gel infused memory foam, and a support layer of their Flo responsive foam.
Price: Rs. 9,999
- Uncompromised back support
- White gel micro-capsules in the mattress makes it comfortable when it is hot outside
- Aloe-Vera gel infused cover which protects the mattress and your skin
- The mattress is quite firm
- 100 night trials are available
- India’s First Ergonomic Mattress
- Unparalleled spine support
- Great for the mattress and even your skin since it has aloe vera
- It keeps you cool during sleep
- It is free of harmful substances and chemicals
- It is a little expensive
5. SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Single Size Mattress
The Sleepy Cat mattress is at number 5 of our top 10 list. The SleepyCat Plus mattress is a premium 8-inch orthopedic mattress. It has an unique Gel memory foam layer is designed to distribute your body weight evenly and keep you cool throughout the night.
Price: Rs. 14,489
Luxury 8 inch Mattress with 2 inches of Gel memory foam and 6 inches of High-density base support foam
Premium quality zipper cover with breezy inner cover and bottom anti-skid fabric
Specialized inner netted cover helps to maintain the foam inside while providing unique airflow throughout your mattress
Zero Partner Disturbance
No harmful chemicals
- It is very easy to set up
- The cover comes with an anti skid base that keeps your mattress from shifting
- It has premium quality material to suit everyone’s needs
- It is made up of non-toxic materials
- The warranty is 5 years
- There are cooling crystals to soothe your body during sleep
- The price of the mattress is on the higher side.
4. SleepX by Sleepwell Memory Foam Ortho Mattress
At number 4, we have another mattress from Sleepwell, from their orthocare range. This is one of the best orthopaedic mattresses to choose from. Back pain is a common problem nowadays and the main cause is a wrong mattress. This mattress is engineered to adjust according to your sleeping position. It provides supports on your pressure points, to give your back lasting relief.
Price: Rs. 18,411
Extra comfort and support with added thickness
Available in various colors
Memory foam in quilting offers luxurious comfort and relieves body pressure point
Soft knitted fabric for plush feel
The airmesh fabric on side wall for better air circulation
It has a thick top quilting of 15mm memory foam with 8mm PU foam filling for that extra comfort
- Engineered for back pain
- The product is delivered in a pre-assembled state
- The mattress remains fresh for a long time since it has neem fresh technology
- It can also be used on both sides based on your firmness requirement
- This has a 3 years warranty
- Warranty period is less for an orthopaedic mattress
- A little expensive
3. Extra Sleep Coir Back Support Orthopaedic Care Mattresses
The number 3 on our list of top 10 mattresses is the Extra Sleep Coir Mattress. This premium back supports Orthopaedic Care Coir Mattress, Cotton Breathable Fabric has been made with years of experience in the sleep industry. This mattress is made with high-quality materials that provide comfort as well as durability to the mattress.
Price: Rs. 6,639
- The product has natural rubberized coir
- It has a PU foam layer to give support
- The mattress has premium cotton fabric
- Available in different color options
- The mattress thickness is 4mm
- Goes through the mattress quality checking to make sure you get enough comfort
- The fabric is breathable and will give you a sound sleep at night
- It helps to maintain your body posture
- Comes with a 5 year warranty
- It is very affordable
- No cons as of now
2. Amazon Brand Solimo King Size Coir Mattress
At position number 2 we have Amazon’s Kingsize Solimo mattress. From the house of Amazon, Solimo mattresses provide you with a comfortable space. You can sleep, rest, loung or watch TV, reading a book or do late-night work.
Price: Rs. 24,000
- Made from HR foam which contours to your body shape
- Quilted with premium 180 GSM knitted fabric for a soft feel
- Layered with natural coir and bonded foam
- This mattress is quilted with a premium finish
- The mattress has a thickness of 5mm
- It is long lasting & durable
- The mattress is made with 5 layers
- This mattress is firm and great for people with backache
- It adjusts according to your body weight
- This product has passed 50 quality checks
- The warranty is 5 years
- The price of the mattress is a little on the higher side
1. Wake-Up Memory Foam Mattress
The number 1 that you all have been waiting for is the Wake-Up memory foam mattress. This tops our list of top 10 best mattresses in India. This memory foam mattress is best used as an orthopedic mattress. Ideal for back and neck pain is the best memory foam mattress. This orthopedic mattress designed in such a way that it relaxes your musculoskeletal structure.
Price: Rs. 15,400
- Product Dimensions: Length(182.88 cm), Width(76.2cm), Thickness(12.7cm)
- Primary material: Memory foam and High Density Support Foam
- Memory foam: Senses and shapes itself to individual body counters.
- It relieves all pressures points and alleviates stress across your entire body
- Orthopedic Support: Helps Maintain The Natural ‘S’ Shape Of Your Spine
- The mattress is anti-dust and anti-bacterial
- No harmful substances have been used to make this mattress
- This mattress is environment- friendly
- The mattress supports good ventilation
- This product has a 5 zone support
- Does not require an extra top cover
- It is very easy to clean
- The warranty period is 25 years
- No cons can be found
Now that you have reached the end of this list, you are well aware of all the information you need to purchase a mattress. We have tried to give honest and unbiased reviews of each mattress. You can now hustle through the day and sleep well through the night. Go ahead and choose the mattress of your choice.
Did we miss anything? Please leave a message at our comment section below for your favorite Mattress!