LG Convection Microwave Oven
Bosch Convection Microwave Oven
Whirlpool Convection Microwave Oven
Looking for the best microwave oven in India? And getting confused with all the options? Then you have come to the right place. We are here to help you out.
In our busy schedule, we do not get enough time to cook properly. Cooking with a microwave requires less time than the conventional methods of cooking like gas and induction.
As in the case of a microwave oven, we do not use fire, hence it is a safer way. To assure complete peace of mind, a microwave oven has many safety systems installed. With the best microwave oven, you can now get a hi-tech cooking experience.
Top 10 Best Microwave Oven in India
Here is our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India.
10. AmazonBasics 23 L Convection Microwave
At the 10th position on our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India, we have AmazonBasics 23 L Convection Microwave. It has a capacity of 23 L that will help you to reheat the regular rice, dal, curry, Maggi and more. As well as with this convection microwave, you can bake your favourite cookies and cakes or grill delicious tandoori food items.
- Microwave has 23 L capacity that makes it a convenient one, for a family of 2-3 people.
- Its body is made up of steel
- The model has an LED display panel, the model number is AB2019002
- This product is giving a warranty of 1 year on the oven and a 3 years warranty on the motor
- Convection function lets you defrost, cook, grill and bake as well.
- The company is providing a griller with a microwave oven
- Microwave has a child lock safety panel in it
- The product has a timer that helps you to check the dishes while cooking
- The body of the model is made up of steel.
- The microwave oven has a large LED display panel.
- The product has a child safety lock feature in it.
- This oven has a timer
- Power consumption is not mentioned
- The product is providing a griller only
- Does not heat the food evenly
- The digital buttons don’t work properly
- Menu buttons are not clear
- The price is a bit high
9. Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven
At the 9th position of our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India, we have Morphy Richards 20 L Solo Microwave Oven. It has 20 L of capacity. As it is a solo microwave oven, it can be used to make popcorn or cook plain rice, pulao, pasta and chocolate fudge. There is a 5 power level you can choose from.
- It is a 20 L solo microwave
- In the 20 MS model, there is a 5 power level from which you can choose the power control
- The power input of this product 1270 watts and power output is 800 watts
- It provides a 2-year warranty
- This has an overheat sensory protection
- We loved the mirror finish door
- There are 5 different power levels which allow us to control the temperature easily
- The power consumption is less
- Price of the microwave oven is reasonable
- There is no safety lock
- The company does not provide a starter kit with it
- It is only a solo microwave
- Sometimes it stops working
- It does not have a digital display
8. Godrej 19 L Convection Microwave Oven
Godrej 19 L convection microwave oven offers many cooking options like baking, grilling as well as reheating and defrosting. Once you put the food in it, the oven’s heating system will distribute the hot air evenly thus the food will be cooked quickly. The body of the product is made up of plastic. Godrej 19 L convection microwave takes up the 8th rank on our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India.
- The microwave oven has a capacity of 19 L
- It is a convection microwave so it can be used for baking, grilling, reheating and defrosting
- Power consumption of this product is 2000 watt at 230 voltage
- The company is providing a 1-year warranty on the product and a 5 years warranty on the motor
- The child lock feature is enabled in it
- 125 insta cook menu options are given with it
- The design of the product is unique
- You can pre-set the oven timer
- The product does not consume much power
- This has an auto cooling facility
- 125 insta cook menu is given with this
- The company does not give any starter kit with this
- Temperature requires a long time to adjust
- It has a complicated product manual
- Microwave's body is made up of plastic
- The oven rotator is not good enough
7. IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven
IFB 23 L convection microwave oven is our 7th choice on our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India. It has a 23 L capacity and can be used for baking as well as grilling, reheating and defrosting and cooking.
- 23 L capacity suitable for 3 to 4 members
- The company provides a 1-year warranty on the product and 3 years on the magnetron
- This model provides a starter kit with it
- There is a sensitive touch keypad
- It provides 71 auto cook menus with it
- Child lock safety is provided with it
- It can be cleaned with steam
- This consumes less power for reheating
- The company is providing a starter kit with it
- 71 auto cooking menu is provided with it
- The product ensures complete safety for small children
- The product is very noisy
- Microwave stops working between cooking
- Sometimes the convection mode does not work properly
- The heat does not distribute evenly
6. Haier 20 L Convection Microwave Oven
At 6th position of our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India, we have Haier 20 Liters Convection Microwave Oven. As the name suggests, it has 20 L capacity. It is a convection microwave, that helps you to reheat. Defrost, cook, grill and bake all in one. The company does not provide a starter kit with it.
- The model HIL2001CSPH has a black glass finish look with pull handle and steel body
- There is a 1-year comprehensive warranty on this product
- The microwave uses 940 W power
- In the stand by mode, it can save up to 40% of the power
- It has an auto-defrost mode
- The grill type is 2 quartz tube
- The product looks classy
- It saves energy
- The product has an auto defrost mode
- It can be steam cleaned
- Baking, grilling and reheating all can be done
- Grills work efficiently
- Convection mode does not work properly
- It is very noisy
- There is no child safety lock
- Sometimes the machine stops working in the middle of the cooking
5. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven
Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven is very useful to reheat the leftover food items and defrosting. It is one of the best solo microwave oven in India. It has a capacity of 23 L which is very useful for a family with 3-4 members. We have it at number 5 of our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India.
- The model MS23F301TAK has a 23 L capacity
- It can be used for some basic cooking, reheating and defrosting
- As the interior of this microwave oven is ceramic enamel so the cleaning procedure is very easy
- There is a tact button control panel in it
- The child safety lock system is there
- The company provides a warranty of 1 year for the product, with an additional warranty of 1 year on motor and 10 years on the cavity.
- This product has a long extended warranty
- The microwave oven is very cheap compared to its features
- This microwave oven gives complete safety lock features for children
- The buttons and dials are easy to use
- It is very easy to clean the product
- The microwave oven makes too much noise
- For a solo microwave oven, it uses more power
- The brand does not provide a starter kit with it
4. Panasonic 20 L Grill Microwave Oven
Panasonic 20 L Grill Microwave Oven comes at number 4 of our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India. It is a grill oven so you can grill as well as regular reheating and defrosting with it. The capacity of it is 20 L so it is a good choice for a family with 2-3 members.
- The microwave oven has a 20 L capacity
- It has a membrane control panel
- The product has a 1-year comprehensive warranty
- It requires 1000W grill power and an 800 w microwave power
- The product provides 38 auto cook menus of which 26 is Indian
- A wire rack is provided with it
- An in-built child safety lock features are in it
- The body is steel made
- It is a fast working one
- The product requires less power
- It saves energy
- The product provides 38 auto cook menus. There are 26 Indian menus within it
- It has a child safety lock
- The warranty period of the oven is so less
- Product price is high
3. Whirlpool 30 L Convection Microwave Oven
Whirlpool 30 L Convection Microwave Oven has 30 L capacity, that makes it big enough for a family with 6-7 people. As it is a convection microwave, with it you are able to bake, grill, reheat and defrost perfectly. You can even make food in 2 minutes in it. This is at number 3 on our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India.
- The microwave oven has a metal body with a stainless steel cavity
- It has the capacity of 30 L
- This product has a feather touch panel and specific oven mode
- It requires a power of 2,500 watts
- The company is providing a comprehensive warranty of 1 year on product and 5 years on the magnetron
- It has a large LED display
- The product has 5 auto cook menu options
- Stainless steel helps to distribute the heat evenly
- It has the quickest defrost option
- This product has 200 auto cook menus
- The company is providing a starter kit with it
- As the external accessories, you will have Rotisserie for Tandoor Cooking, a Grill Rack and Cookbook with it
- The power consumption is less
- It has a special zero oil cooking option, in which you can even cook without a drop of oil
- Sometimes water molecules appear after cooking outside the glass tray
- No child safety lock is there
2. Bosch 28 L Convection Microwave Oven
Bosch 28 L Convection Microwave Oven comes at 2nd position in our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India. It provides 5 modes of cooking. Convection for baking purpose, grilling, tandoor, reheating along with defrosting and the option of combination cooking as well.
- The microwave oven has a metal body
- It provides 5 modes of cooking.
- The company is providing a 2-year warranty on the whole appliances and 7 years on the magnetron
- The power consumption of it is 2200 W
- A FryLite function is added to it, for cooking food with a minimum amount of fat
- It has 121 auto cook options with 8 categories of food. Such as Appetizers, snacks, soup, Rice, Meat, seafood, vegetarian and Desserts
- The company is providing a complete cooking appliance with it. A baking tray, two grills, a rotisserie spit, and a FryLite tray
- There are 5 modes of cooking
- It provides a good warranty that is good
- It requires less power to consume
- A special FryLite function is added
- The starter kit has many appliances.
- It is a fast working one
- The machine automatically stops when the door opened slightly during operation.
- The stuttering of the turntable can spill the food on the microwave plate
- The product has a high price
1.LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven
LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven is at number 1 on our list of top 10 best microwave oven in India. It has a 32 L capacity which makes it convenient for a family with 8 members. As it is a convection oven, it cooks everything easily with one touch. You can easily roast, bake, pasteurize, make barbecue or diet fry everything in one microwave as well as reheat or defrost. This is what makes it the best convection microwave in India.
- It has 32 L capacity
- As it is a convection microwave you can cook everything in it
- There is a Diet Fry feature, which lets you prepare crispy delights with minimum use of oil
- From naan to lachcha paratha, tandoori rotis to missi rotis, you can make at least 12 different varieties of Indian Rotis as just one touch of a button
- It has 301 auto cook menus of which 211 are Indian
- You can pasteurize milk and make ghee in it
- It has a 360-degree rotating turntable
- The product has a Recipe manual, a Cookbook, Shelf, a Milk container, a Rotisserie bar and handle, one Glass tray and a Tawa and a Rotating ring with it
- The company is giving a warranty of 1 year on product and 1+ 4 years on Magnetron
- The power output of this is 2500 W
- Design is very attractive
- The power usage is very less
- It is very convenient to use
- The starter kit has many helpful appliances in it
- This machine has a proper child safety lock feature
- The heat distributes evenly
- A multi cook tawa is there with it
- The warranty period is high
- It is a little pricey, but worth giving a try
What are the different types of a microwave oven?
1. Solo Microwave OvenIt is the most elementary and basic form of the microwave oven. A solo microwave oven produces high-frequency microwaves. These waves excite the water molecules in the food, thus the temperature of the food rises. They are optimal for reheating cooked food. They can also be used to defrost frozen food. Solo microwaves are usually cheaper than the other ones.
2. Grill Microwave OvenGrill microwave oven is a little better than the solo microwave oven as they can roast vegetables and meat efficiently rather than only reheating them. It has a heating element at the top or bottom of the oven. It acts as a radiant heat source in addition to the microwave particles produced by magnetron. But there is no fan to distribute the heat evenly so this oven could not be the perfect choice for a baking appliance.
3. Convection Microwave OvenThe convection microwave oven has a blower that distributes the hot air evenly around the food. Thus the temperature differences within the cavity get eliminated. This even heat distribution helps to bake cakes, pizza, bread, and other baked foods. Moreover, it has a defrost option too. Try to go for a model that has a top heating element and a convection fan in the back for best results.
What to Look for in a Convection Microwave Oven?
Buying the best convection microwave oven can be very stressful. You should always remember that a microwave oven is one of the essential appliances in our kitchen. Choosing the right one will always make a difference in your household.
There are a few things you need to think of while buying the best microwave oven in India.
1. Size of the Model
The size of the microwave oven depends on the number of people the food is being made for. For a family of 2-3 members, you can choose a smaller microwave of 18-20 liters. Whereas for a larger family you will need a larger microwave with high power. Generally he mid-sized ones of 20-2liters are the most popular ones in India.
Nowadays we all have an open kitchen. You won’t want to buy a product which looks hideous in your well-furnished modular kitchen. Compare the designs and their built-in materials before buying one.
3. Brand or Company
There are a few known companies that are the leading manufacturers of microwave ovens. Most of them except for IFB and Godrej provide a 3-year warranty for the body and the heating elements.
4. Automatic Sensor
Overheating can be a serious problem for a microwave oven. You need to find an oven with an automatic sensor. When the sensor feels that the food is cooked properly it shut down automatically.
5. Power Ratings
For a lesser cooking time, you need to find a microwave oven which consumes more power. Smaller sized microwave oven consumes way less power than the larger models.
A large transparent window will let you check the food as it cooks.
7. Ease of Use
Find a model which have their instructions written on the display, so you wouldn’t have to refer to the instruction manual every time.
8. Easy to Clean
There should not be any holes or gaps inside the microwave oven as they would trap food or grease. It is very hard to clean the grill elements. Some of us are very fond of stainless steel models but remember they will require extra care to keep them clean from fingerprints.
Many models have a fan to cool the interior of the microwave oven after cooking. Try not to buy one which is noisy. You will need to run them for several minutes after your cooking is done.
10. Child Safety Lock
This is one of the most important features that you should consider if you have kids. The electric lock system in some microwave oven prevents accidents by preventing the misuse of the oven.
11. Pocket Pinch
You are going to spend a lot of money on the best microwave oven. So you will need to know if that is worth the money or not. Remember to compare the budget with its efficiency before buying it.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Microwave Oven
1. Is a microwave oven safe to cook food?
Ans: When we hear about microwave oven the first question that comes to our mind is that if it’s even safe or not. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), Food that is cooked in a microwave oven is as safe as the food cooked in conventional ovens like a gas oven or induction oven. Microwaved food should be kept aside for a few minutes before eating as it will let the heat to distribute evenly.
2. What type of cookware can I use in a microwave?
Ans: Not all cookware is suitable to use in the microwave oven. Utensils that have an exterior made up of polypropylene and ceramic with an interior made up with stainless steel is the best one for microwave oven. Some glass utensils are also safe to use.
3. Does a microwave oven kill the nutrients present in the food?
Ans: NO! The microwave oven does not kill the nutrients from the food. Rather it retains more nutrients than the conventional ways as it requires less water.
4. How to clean the interior of the microwave oven?
Ans: Take a microwave-safe cup of water and squeeze a lemon or 2 tablespoons of vinegar into it. Then place it inside the microwave and turn it on high power for several minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Then clean the interior with a wet towel.
5. How long does a microwave oven last?
Ans: A microwave oven can last up to 10 years in a household when maintained sincerely.
6. What is the difference between a microwave oven and an OTG?
Ans: An OTG or Oven-Toaster-Griller is actually an electric oven with a heating rod. OTG converts electrical energy to create a high temperature for good baking. While the microwave oven uses the microwave to heat up food. You can bake anything in an OTG while in a microwave you can almost cook anything.
There are plenty of options to choose from different microwave ovens. So we tried to pick a few for you. With these 10 products on the list, we ranked them with our knowledge and experience. Now you just need to purchase the one that suits you the best.
Have you used any of the above microwave ovens? Have we missed anything? Do let us know which one you chose as the best microwave oven in India in the section below.