Looking for the best whey protein in India? Well, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we will shed light on everything you need to know before you buy the best whey protein.
Ingestion of whey protein powder is one of the most effective and cheap ways, by which you can add more protein in your diet. It doesn’t matter if you are a picky eater, an athlete, or if you just want to suppress your appetite, whey protein will help you to keep your muscles healthy and also increase your muscle mass. For all these reasons you need the best whey protein in India.
At number 10 of our list of the best whey protein in India, we have Grizzly Nutrition. It uses cutting edge-revolutionary extracted technology to give premium quality whey concentrate. This contains 100% pure whey protein. It also contains Somatomedin C-IGF1, TGF Beta1 & Beta2. This whey protein also has higher levels of fat-burning Phospho-Bioactive lipids such as Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) ,Immunoglobulins and Lactoferrin.
- Triple cold and non-acidic treated whey protein
- This whey protein is cross-flow micro-filtered.
- Each serving of Grizzly Nutrition contains 25 g Protein
- This whey protein does not have any artificial preservatives or sweeteners.
- No artificial sweetener is added in it.
- This whey protein is Free from gluten
- No milk hormones are added in it, so it is good for lactose-intolerant people.
- This whey protein supports weight loss
- This whey protein is unflavored, so the taste is not good
- Mixability of this whey protein is not good
Muscletech Premium 100% whey protein is made with multiple filtration technologies. It has the most advanced formula that reduces lactose and impurities. This protein powder also contains high-quality Instantized whey protein that can be used after an intense workout. It comes at the 9th rank on our list of the best whey protein in India.
- MuscleTech whey protein is composed of high-quality creatinine
- It assists in muscle growth
- This MuscleTech whey protein also supports muscle recovery
- Each serving of Grizzly Nutrition contains 25 g Protein
- It is a full vegetarian product
- This a premium whey protein
- It is also a rich source of calcium
- This whey protein is 100% vegetarian
- It has an excellent transparency
- This protein contains carrageenan
- There is the presence of fillers in it
At number 8 of our best whey protein list, we have Advanced MuscleMass Whey protein powder. This is an excellent Whey protein supplement with zero added sugar. It normally provides 76% of protein per scoop. And it provides quick muscle synthesis due to the presence of glutamic acid and BCAAs. It increases your stamina and it claims to be free from any side effects.
- It is made from high-quality whey protein
- A pure and effective vegetarian product
- Each serving of MuscleMass provides 5.5g BCAA and 25g protein
- It is an easily digestible whey protein
- This whey protein is suitable for both men & women
- It has low cholesterol concentration.
- This whey protein brand provides variety of flavors
- It is also purely vegetarian
- It is not suitable for people going to the gym
- Muscle mass whey protein powder takes a long time to show the effect
- This also contains high amount of added sugar
MuscleXP Whey Gold Protein. This is popular due to its recipe, it is a blend of BCAA and L-glutamine and pure whey protein that boosts your muscle size. This also helps to get a lean body, and improves overall fitness and health. MuscleXP Whey Gold Protein comes at the number 7 on our list of the best whey protein in India.
- MuscleXP Whey Gold Protein Contains a more absorbable source of protein
- It is one of the famous supplement in the market
- This protein supplement provides 24 g of protein without added sugars
- It is a highly effective whey protein
- It has no artificial flavors in it.
- It is one of the best whey protein which is good for athletes
- The body easily digests this whey protein
- This whey protein is for muscle building & recovery of lean mass.
- It is unflavored and does not taste good
- This whey protein is not suitable for women
- Price is a little on the higher side
At number 6 on our list of the best whey protein in India, we have Sinew Nutrition. This contains highly purified protein, which is unflavored, and it is recommended to take immediately after a workout. It is recommended to mix 1 serving in 250-300 ml of water or skimmed milk and drink it after dissolving it completely.
- It is made from premium quality protein
- This whey protein powder contain higher biologically active compounds
- Each 30 g of Sinew Nutrition whey protein contains 23.7 gm protein, 4 g glutamine, 5 g BCAA
- It is unflavored
- This whey protein helps to boost muscle size
- It is really useful for easy muscle recovery
- This whey protein dissolves easily in milk or water
- The whey protein brand is egg-free, gluten-free, fish-free
- It does not have any added doping substance.
- Value for money
- Presence of milk and dairy derivatives so it is not suitable for lactose-intolerant people.
- As it is unflavored it tastes bad.
At number 5 on our list of the best whey protein we have Labrada 100% Whey Protein. Labrada is 100% pure Whey protein and an ideal source of essential amino acids like BCAAs, valine, leucine, and isoleucine. It really helps athletes and bodybuilders to minimize muscle loss and gain muscle size.
- This whey protein is Ideal for fitness lovers, athletes, and bodybuilders
- It is gluten-free and contains 24 g of protein
- It only contains 1 gm of sugar
- Made by a unique micro-filtration process
- It is unflavored
- It is an excellent source of fibers
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals as well.
- This whey protein powder is also suitable for gluten intolerant people
- Good for muscle growth
- The product mixes well
- It lacks manganese and vitamin K
- This product also contains high cholesterol and sodium
- Presence of artificial sweeteners
At number 4 on our list of the best whey protein in India, we have Ultimate Nutrition. It is a blend of all essential and non-essential amino acids. This acts as an antioxidant and boosts the natural immunity of the body.
- Ideal for fitness lovers, athletes, and bodybuilders
- It is gluten-free and contains 24 g of protein
- This whey protein powder contains only 1 gm of sugar
- This whey protein is made by a unique micro-filtration process
- It is unflavored
- It contains low sodium
- This whey protein is free from fat
- Lack of fillers is in this product
- Available in various flavors
- It is Suitable for gym goers
- This whey protein powder is travel-friendly and easy to carry
- Value for money
- This whey protein powder does not mix well
- The price of the whey protein is on the higher side
The number 3 on our list of the best whey protein is Optimum Nutrition. It is the best-selling and most famous whey protein powder made with GMP and standards. The primary ingredient is whey protein isolates and BCAA. It boosts the muscle size and quality. And it also offers many delicious flavours.
- This whey protein contains 24 grams of whey protein per serving
- It has 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs
- It also has 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid
- This whey protein powder has the ‘Gold Standard’ for protein quality
- It is also available in many exciting flavors
- It is A fast-digesting protein
- This whey protein is good for post-workout
- It helps in muscle growth
- Optimum nutrition whey protein also aids muscle recovery
- It has vacuum barriers for good support
- The powder mixes easily
- It is also suitable for both men & women
- Easy to carry and travel-friendly
- It has lactose, so not good for lactose-intolerant people
At the number 2 spot on our list of the best whey protein, we have As-It-Is-Nutrition. Naturally unflavored Whey protein concentrate. Many people may not like its taste, but you can add a flavour of your choice. It is free from any preservatives and fillers. This whey protein is full of protein and other nutrients that give you maximum nutrition and power.
- It is high protein concentrate
- This whey protein powder provides 24 g protein per serving
- It contains 5.4 g BCAA
- This whey protein concentrate is lab tested for quality
- It also helps to amp your workout
- As-It-Is-Nutrition whey protein is certified from FSSAI
- This whey protein powder is 100% vegetarian
- It is suitable for all age groups
- This whey protein is free of any toxic elements
- It is an easily digestible whey protein
- Very cool packaging.
- You can carry around easily and travel-friendly
- It mixes easily with water
- Value for money
- Since it is unflavored, may not taste good
And finally, the number 1 on this list of the Best Whey Protein in India is Muscle Blaze. This product has been passed through various tests that guarantee the effectiveness and purity of MuscleBlaze Raw Whey health supplement powder.
- This is an unflavored protein supplement
- It delivers 24 g protein per scoop
- Minimal processing of the nutrients
- Multiple tests guarantees the purity of Whey Protein Concentrate
- Consume your whey like the way you want, add this in your smoothie, or make protein cake or a protein bar.
- You can have this whey protein supplement anytime you want, like pre or post your workout session, early morning or even at bedtime.
- It Is a vegetarian source of protein
- This whey protein has zero Aspartame, zero added sugar
- Every product comes with a unique authenticity code
- It is good for muscle growth
- No artificial substances are added in it
- Great value for money
- It comes with added digestive enzymes
- Raw in nature, so it may not taste good
Whey protein is an essential protein present in dairy products. It is a byproduct of the cheese-making procedure. It gives an incredible range of essential amino acids required by the body to perform a variety of functions. Whey protein is usually suggested in case of nutritional deficiencies and to enhance athletic performance. It is considered as the complete protein as it has all 9 essential amino acids and contains a really low lactose content.
Milk is overall made up of two parts, the fatty part of the milk contains Casein protein (80%), whereas the watery part contains Whey protein (20%). You might have noticed, after opening a yogurt container, a watery liquid starts floating on the top. That is Whey protein.
During the cheese-making process, the coagulation of the fatty part takes place, and whey is separated from it as a byproduct. Whey then goes through various processes and becomes the best whey protein powder that people add in their shakes, protein bars and meal replacements.
The taste of the best whey protein in India, is not acceptable on its own. Due to this reason, different best whey protein brands give it different flavours, such as strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Most of this flavoured whey protein is delicious and it adds a delicious taste to the healthy recipes for smoothies.
There are three major types of whey protein. They only differ in their method of processing.
1. Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) contains the lowest amount of protein per 100 grams. It contains 25%- 85% of protein, and 75%-15% of various immunity-enhancing peptides such as many immunoglobulins and α-lactalbumin as well as a little amount of lactose and fat. This is generally flavoured and must be taken in between the meals. WCP is one of the best whey protein in India.
2. Whey Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is way more costly than Whey Protein Concentrates. 90%+ weight of this whey protein comes from protein, minimal fat and lactose. This whey protein gets absorbed easily. Take it right after a workout and it will shuttle the amino acids in the starving muscle cells of your body. If you are thinking about powering up your muscles then you should buy the best whey protein in India.
3. Whey Protein Hydrolysate
99% of this Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) comes from pure protein. Out of all the three types of whey proteins, this is the costliest and one of the best whey protein in India. But it has the worst taste in general. This whey protein should be taken just before the final meal at night. It leads to a 28-43% greater spike in insulin levels.
Among these three whey proteins, concentrate is the cheapest option and it also tastes good, as it retains a little amount of lactose and fats. But if you are lactose intolerant and trying to keep the fat and carbohydrate low then you should opt for isolates or even hydrolysate.
We all know that proteins are the building block of our body. Proteins are made up of important things like hormones, enzymes all the molecules, as well as tendons, organs and even skin in our body. Just like beads on a string, the amino acids are joined together to form protein chains.
Whey protein contains all of the 9 essential amino acids. The following are the benefits of whey protein.
1. Assist in Weight Loss
Protein can aid weight loss by boosting metabolism by 80-100 calories per day as well as it can make people eat up to 440 fewer calories per day. If you can take whey protein it will increase your protein intake and you will have major benefits on weight loss. Whey protein powder along with weight lifting can help to lose about 8 pounds (3.5 kg) and enhance the growth of lean muscle mass.
2. Anti-Cancer Properties
According to various anti-cancer research results, it has been said that whey protein concentrate can help in cancer treatment.
3. Lowering cholesterol
Adding the best whey protein powder in your daily diet can significantly decrease the total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol level in different individuals.
Taking 10 g of whey protein twice daily helps to boost your immune system, and it also improves the condition of asthma in children. You can add whey protein powder in your diet for a month and have an improved immune system.
5. Blood pressure and cardiovascular disease
The best whey protein powder helps to reduce the risk of stroke and other developing heart diseases. Whey protein also helps in lowering blood pressure.
6. Helps Promote Muscle Growth
Whey protein is rich in branched-chain amino acids known as leucine. Leucine is one of the most growth-promoting amino acids. It prevents age-related muscle loss and improves muscle growth and strength. Try to add the best whey protein supplement in your daily diet to improve your strength and a better-looking body.
7. Helps to treat Type 2 Diabetes
The best Whey protein in India increases the level of insulin. That’s why it is useful in moderating blood sugar levels. Consuming whey protein with a high-carb meal or before a meal has been shown to moderate blood sugar in diabetic patients.
8. Helps to Reduce Inflammation
C-reactive protein is an essential marker of inflammation in the body. By reducing C-reactive protein in the body whey protein powder helps to reduce inflammation in the body.
9. Whey Protein May Enhance the Body’s Antioxidant Defenses
Glutathione is an essential antioxidant that reduces oxidative stress in the body. In our body glutathione is produced according to the supply of amino acids. As it provides the number of essential amino acids, including cysteine. This reduces oxidative stress and boosts the glutathione production. Whey protein powder can decrease oxidative stress and induce the level of glutathione.
Many people prefer cheap products, and some give importance to nutrient profile. Some prefer the taste, and some look for less fat and minimal lactose levels. Here, we will tell you the factors you need to check before buying the best whey protein in India.
First of all, you should check the ingredient list of your whey protein powder. Usually, a short ingredient list would be ideal. Look for protein and its percentage, not fillers. Give preference to the whey protein powder containing 20 g of protein and less than 5 g carbs per scoop. Always select the best whey protein isolate as compared to other types of whey proteins. As isolate contains more than 90% protein.
2. List of amino acids
Always check the amino acid profile of the whey protein that will give the idea of the yield of the product. The essential amino acids have the following importance.
i) Alanine: Alanine acts as an energy source for the muscle tissues. It helps to activate the antibodies and strengthens the immunity.
ii) Arginine: Arginine helps to secrete more growth hormone (GH). Arginine also helps in fat reduction thus it helps to gain muscle mass.
iii) Aspartate: Aspartate removes toxic ammonia and helps to aid protein synthesis.
iv) Lysine: Lysine helps to build muscle and maintains bone strength. It also regulates hormones, enzymes and antibodies and boosts the immune system.
v) Lucine: As we have mentioned earlier, leucine is one of the most growth-promoting essential amino acids. It also regulates blood sugar levels.
vi) Isoleucine: It helps to heal the wound, regulates blood sugar and maintains hormone production.
vi) Tryptophan: Tryptophan is the precursor of melatonin and serotonin. It helps to regulate sleep, mood and pain receptors.
vii) Tyrosine: Tyrosine helps to increase neurotransmitters like dopamine, epinephrine and noradrenaline.
viii) Threonine: Threonine amino acid is a building block of protein that helps to treat various nervous system tissue disorders.
ix) Valine: Valine is essential for muscle growth and tissue repair.
3. Quality of the product
Do not run for a reputed brand. Always look for a brand that is in the market and has good reviews. Check the ingredient list thoroughly to see if the whey protein has more than 7-10 ingredients. Check the amino acid list before investing your money.
Choose a neutral flavour. As in the case of flavourless whey protein powder, no extra carbs or fats are mixed. Still there are many options available for you to select a flavour of your choice, like vanilla extract, cocoa powder, etc.
Usually, it is recommended to follow the serving instructions mentioned on the label. However, the common suggested dosage of the whey protein powder is 1-2 scoops (approximately 25-50 g) per day, after workouts. If your protein intake is already high, then using whey protein supplements will be unnecessary. The best whey protein also fulfills the requirements of women who need protein after their workout. For women, a single serving of 30-35 g of whey protein powder would be enough.
There are many fake protein supplements present in the market. Many known and popular products are being sold with fake quality through underground channels. Fake protein supplements are extremely dangerous for your health. Many people are consuming fake supplements without knowing. There are many approaches by which you can check if it is the best whey protein or the fake one.
Original and best whey protein supplements are quickly soluble in water, whereas fake protein supplements contain cheapest materials that show poor solubility in water.
The texture of the original whey protein supplement is always constant. However, that’s not true in the case of fake supplements. Fake protein powders show irregularities and lumps.
Change of taste in each serving is the indicator of a fake supplement. The taste of the best whey protein supplement does not change over time. In fake protein supplements, they alter the components of supplements, which also affect its taste. Some fake supplements have a terrible aftertaste and even have a pungent smell.
Acne and hair falls are the most common indicators or side effects caused by using fake protein powder. These kinds of fake supplements are seriously hazardous for your health and body.
1. Which brand is best for whey protein?
Ans: There are a few best whey protein brands in India. We tried to make a list of the top 10 best whey protein according to our research.
2. Which Whey protein is best and cheap?
Ans: One of the best whey protein is MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein Concentrate, it is also very pocket friendly.
3. How dangerous is whey protein?
Ans: Whey proteins are not dangerous, but it can cause nausea and stomach pain for lactose-intolerant people.
4. Is whey protein bad for the liver?
Ans: Though there is no evidence that whey protein can cause liver damage. But you should definitely contact a doctor before taking the whey protein powder if you have any kind of liver disease.
5. Is whey protein bad for the kidneys?
Ans: Now, kidneys usually help to remove the wastes created during translation of protein. Having too much protein powder can make the kidney do overwork and damage them.
6. What exactly is whey protein?
Ans: Milk contains two types of protein. The casein (80%) protein is the fatty part of the milk, and Whey protein (20%) is the watery part of the milk. Whey is generally made as a byproduct of cheese factories.
7. When should I take whey protein?
Ans: You can take whey protein after a workout session. Some people also take them at breakfast or even at bedtime.
8. Is whey isolate better?
Ans: Whey isolate is probably the best protein type. It is also an expensive one. As it goes far more processing, it contains way more protein than the other two types ie, whey concentrate and whey hydrolysate and fewer carbs and fat.
9. What are the side effects of whey?
Ans: Whey protein powder is likely to be safe even for children. But a high amount can cause some serious problems such as increased bowel movements, nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramps and headache.
There are lots of whey proteins available in the market. Sometimes the choice can be very difficult. We hope that now after going through the list you can buy the one suitable for you. Strictly follow the dose to prevent any side effects. Before buying whey protein supplements, label and packaging and other particulars.
These products are ranked according to customer review and choice of buying whey protein. People buy whey protein that give excellent results and compatible with their body and health.
Did we miss out on anything? Please let us know your pick of the Best Whey Protein in India in the comments section.