Do you admire the luxurious lifestyle of the rich and famous? Aren???t they the lucky ones? At least, that???s what most of us think. Well, think again. Celebs have immense pressure to look and be fit and healthy.
Celebrities may look lucky from a distance, but fame has a price. Famous personalities may be celebrities or in the news often, but they have an image or a brand name to live up to in order to have a strong influence on their fans and followers on social media.
The super rich may get the occasional acclaim for the work they do, (or once did), but the more famous or popular they become, the more their public personas take priority. That means there???s huge pressure on how they look, dress, feel and even their relationship status!
Why is it so challenging to be fit and healthy?
To look fit and beautiful isn???t easy today because of all the competition out there. Wellness ??? health, beauty, fitness and diet ??? is an increasing trend and a prime focal point for the rich and famous. Living well, and a fortunate lifestyle means being more confident inside and out. It???s about setting an example for the youth and boosting fan following, which brings them even more fortune, and fame. Fame & fortune equals better lifestyle equals fitness and health equals healthy living ???at least in an ideal world.
Is Health a Luxury or a necessity?
It???s not just celebs; there are the CEOs and founders of businesses who are leading examples of healthy lifestyle choices. Twenty-first century leaders are admired not only for their entrepreneurship skill but also for personality. Public image is important to help them stand out from the crowd. The youth want leaders who are fit to lead, not too fat to lead! A lifestyle choice is a reflection of how a CEO or politician will lead.
Anil Ambani was inspired by his late father, Dhirubhai Ambani, founder of Reliance Industries. Ambani told his overweight son that he could buy almost anything with money, but not good health. In his mid-fifties today, he is among the super fit and super-rich Indians. Health, according to most top business families, isn???t a luxury but a necessity for every individual.
Here???s a full list of some very famous sports personalities, celebrities and businessmen we think have healthy lifestyles. Some are from Hollywood and Bollywood. Some are athletes or sports personalities. Some business tycoons and even politicians. Then there are the experts that help them celebs look the way they do ??? be fit and healthy for life. They include celebrity stylists, physiotherapists and of course personal trainers.
8 BOLLYWOOD FITNESS FREAKS
1. Bipasha Basu
- Bipasha is easily the first person who comes to mind for fitness in Bollywood.
- The Bong beauty was born with a gorgeous figure.
- Works out regularly with her friend and personal trainer, Deanne Pandey.
- Deanne and Bipasha have also released many popular workout videos together.
2. Lara Dutt
- This is one hot and fit mamma!
- The former Miss Universe loves to stay fit with yoga.
- Released successful pre-natal video for yoga and fitness videos.
3. Hrithik Roshan
- Famous for taking Bollywood dancing to another level, Hrithik???s unparalleled body is testimony his amazing and unique dance moves.
- Swears by diet rich in broccoli.
- Works out regularly.
- Has a fully-equipped home gym with the latest gadgets.
4. John Abraham
- John is a natural Bollywood hunk. His well-toned body and cute smile make women drool.
- Follows a strict vegetarian diet.
- Works out regularly.
5. Madhuri Dixit-Nene
- Of all the classical Indian beauties, this dancing queen of Bollywood remains fit post 50.
- Her secret? Dancercise: lovely routine dance and exercise on TV and videos. Acting is her first love, but dancing is her passion. Her goal is to spread happiness with dance.
- Her fitness video campaign, ???Dance away your weight with Madhuri Dixit??? became popular overnight with housewives and kids across India. She makes it easy and fun, plus the magical Madhuri smile keeps fans motivated.
- Her online dance academy now reaches out to 6 countries, with 50% of her clients overseas.
6. Kareena Kapoor
- Famous for making size zero a trend for young women and teens.
- Dietician Rujuta Diwekar takes a lot of credit for Kareena???s fab figure, especially for her post-pregnancy weight loss.
7. Deepika Padukone
- Strict diet coupled with super fast metabolism keeps this Bollywood beauty???s body toned.
- Loves working out with celebrity fitness trainer, Yasmin Karachiwala.
- Born into a sports family, as Prakash Padukone???s daughter she also likes badminton.
- Eats smart, with a balanced diet of proteins and carbs, but she avoids rice at night.
- Loves home-made south Indian food, filter coffee and dark chocolates!
8. Karan Singh Grover
- Fondly known as the Salman of TV; Khan inspired Grover as a kid.
- Gives 35% importance to workouts, 65% to diet, and the rest to sleep.
- Eats lots of boiled chicken, egg white, fruits and juice.
- Married Bipasha Basu recently ??? that???s one power-packed healthy couple!
9 HOLLYWOOD BEAUTIES WHO ARE FIT AND HEALTHY
1. Cameron Diaz, Actress and model, 44
- Cameron is an American actress and model who had a Cuban father.
- Enjoys Yoga and Bootcamp Style workouts
- Does Pilates, Cardio and weight-training spread across 5 days a week.
- Likes golfing, jet-skiing, and paddle boarding.
- Eats a protein-rich breakfast followed by 6 small meals a day.
- Wrote ???The Body Book??? on how to look and feel great with healthy lifestyle.
2. Demi Lovato, Actress, Singer and Songwriter, 24
- Demi is an American actress and singer, of Mexican and Spanish descent.
- Exercises 5-6 days a week for peace of mind, with help from Personal Trainer, Joey Rubino.
- Cardio, Strength training, Core training, Kickboxing Bootcamp style workouts.
- Struggles with eating habits, but has learned to eat 3 healthy meals a day, plus juicing.
- Faced body image issues as a child-star.
- Now an example to other young girls.
3. Eva Longoria Parker, Actress, 42
- L??real brand ambassador, the American actress of Tejano parents is always well-groomed.
- Experienced personal trainer and kinesiology major helps her stay fit.
- Works out 3 days a week.
- Does Hiking, Kickboxing, Running and Yoga.
- Eats plenty of fruits, lean proteins, vegetables, yogurt, and nuts.
- Allows herself a few cheat days including pizza once a week.
4. Halle Berry, Actress, 50
- Likes super simple workout routine, 5 times a week.
- Loves kickboxing.
- Strict low carb, sugarless diet with lean proteins.
5. Jane Fonda, Actress, 79
- Remember the workout videos she made famous back in the eighties?
- This 79-year-old is a true life testament to the fact that healthy lifestyle keeps one young, vibrant, and balanced.
- Fonda dropped her intense aerobic sessions.
- Now she does yoga, strength-training, walks, cycles, and elliptical.
- Eats by colour ??? a bit of everything from dark to white to bright hues.
6. Nicole Kidman, Actress, 49
- The Australian actress comes from a marathon running family, so running is in her genes!
- Does pilates regularly plus cardio on the cross trainer.
- Takes weekly spinning classes; swims and does yoga.
7. Angela Bassett, Actress, 58
- Treadmill and weight-lifting ??? does one hour of each daily.
- Fan of the raw food diet.
- Eats Organic food to help her age gracefully.
- Zen view on life and de-stressing are key to wellness.
8. Beyonce, Singer, 35
- Took the 22 vegan challenge
- Treadmill and Dancing
- Exercises several muscle groups simultaneously.
9. Gwyneth Paltrow, Actress, 44
- Strict diet and exercise regime keeps wrinkles and cellulite at bay.
- Follows a super healthy macrobiotic diet
- Says scheduling in a detox is very important
5 INDIAN BUSINESSMEN WHO ARE FIT AND HEALTHY
1. Anil Ambani
- This Ambani junior is one of India???s fittest business tycoons.
- Vegetarian and teetotaller, this tycoon is a marathon runner.
- Used to weigh 105 kg at age 40, but lost a third of it by running.
- Inspired by his father and George Bush to run daily.
2. Adi Godrej
- In his seventies, Adi Godrej is the fittest senior citizen business man.
- Still exercises 10 hours a week, jogging and walking. Prefers the outdoors to gyms
- Likes waterskiing, sailing, swimming, jogging, trekking, and horse riding!
- Went trekking with Anil Ambani completing a 54-km trek from 16,000 to 20,000 feet within 15 hours at age 60!
3. Navin Jindal
- In his mid-forties, the chairman of Jindal Steel and Power is also a politician.
- Loves horse-riding ???started when he was 6 years old. Also plays polo.
- The billionaire businessman-cum-politician also likes shooting and flying fighter jets.
4. Rashesh Shah
- Chairman and CEO of the Edelweiss Group.
- He???s in his fifties, and runs 4 times a week to stay fit.
- Completed the 42 km Amsterdam marathon
- Loved to play tennis before getting tennis elbow.
5. Anand Mahindra
- The Chairman and MD of Mahindra & Mahindra is fit enough to run marathons at age 60.
5 AMAZING INDIAN SPORTS PERSONALITIES WHO ARE FIT AND HEALTHY
1. Mary Kom (Boxing)
Mary Kom became the first amateur athlete to win the Padma Bhushan award a year later. She was the first to make women???s boxing popular in India. Mary is also the first female athlete to have had a Bollywood film made about her. From rural Manipur, this ferocious fighter in the boxing ring was nicknamed ???Magnificent Mary???, despite her small frame. She became famous after winning a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. This humble, soft-spoken boxing queen is also a housewife and mother who was almost born fit and healthy!
2. Sania Mirza (Tennis)
Sania is the highest ranked woman ever in Indian tennis, and the only Padma Bhushan winner. The tennis ace is also serious about her health and fitness. She has to be to keep fit and healthy to keep her famous forehand fierce. The diva also takes good care of her beauty, spunky personality and love of fashion.
3. Leander Paes (Tennis)
Yet another sports personality to win the Padma Bhushan award, Leander is one of the nicest people you???ll meet on and off the teenis court.
4. Saina Nehwal (Badminton)
Like Sania, Saina has been ranked as the world no. 1 in her sport and awarded the Padma Bhushan. They???re also both from the same Indian state. Her calm, sweet and sober personality takes her opponents by surprise. Saina has bagged an amazing 20 international titles.
5. Virat Kholi (Cricket)
Virat is a huge fitness and nutrition freak, and he manages to stay injury free. The cricketing icon, aptly named “King Kohli” has a simple fitness mantra: Do not eat more than you can burn. During his cricket matches the “RunMachine” drinks protein shakes with healthy carbs, and he sticks to eating light dinners. There are few sports personalities as fit and healthy as Virat is.