Instagram Shopping Set to Make its Mark in Social e-Commerce
Social selling is taking it to a new level. Heck! Some social platforms like WhatsApp and Facebook even allow direct selling on groups. Facebook-owned Instagram is also taking steps to enable Instagram Shopping. Currently, online shoppers can view products details through Instagram and complete the transaction after landing on another e-commerce site. They may be able to place orders without leaving the app in the near future.
But the big question on people’s minds is:
Should you use Instagram shopping now, and how?
Here’s why Instagram shoppable posts are the next frontier for e-commerce companies on social media:
- To drive sales via engagement and influencers. Brands that focus on this method of social promotion will make it (or break it) on social media. According to a recent report on Vidooly, Instagram engagement with brands is 10 times higher on than Facebook.
- To benefit small businesses. Social commerce benefits small to medium businesses and individuals without an online store or even a website.
- To enhance user experience. User-generated content is already sky high on the network. With shopping tags, UGC is expected to explode.
- To capture mobile users. In 2018, brands generated nearly $7 billion in mobile ad revenue alone.
- To provide more content opportunities. Story Highlights was launched this year.
Need more reasons?
- India is the No.2 Instagram country! 80% of Instagram users are outside the U.S. India is the fastest growing country, with 71 million monthly Instagrammers, as of October 2018 – 2nd to only the U.S. Brazil and Indonesia also have seen huge growth on Instagram.
- Paid ads: Instagram may allow businesses to have paid ads for promoting shoppable photos to make them visible on the home feeds of users who do not follow the brand (like Facebook).
- Stand alone app: Facebook-owned Instagram may take the next step in Instagram Shopping which means you can place orders without leaving the mobile app. According to sources of The Verge, Instagram is developing an e-commerce shopping stand-alone app.
Who is popular on Instagram?
Top Indian brands, such as Zomato, Sabyasachi, and Vogue India are crushing it! So are Bollywood celebrities, like Deepika and Sonam, who have become Insta brands. Small brands are also not far behind. For example, Chumbak and The Ustraa are leveraging the power of UGC.
If you want to open an online store, it does not take much effort, time or money. There are do-it-yourself eCommerce platforms that are paid services, but all Zotezo users can create:
Yes, you read that right. Your Zotezo eStore is completely free! So far, Zotezo has been working hard for Indians who are looking for complete wellness solutions, mainly health, beauty & fitness.
Now we have launched Zotezo Partners Program: https://www.zotezo.com/partners This is an innovative take on wellness shopping! Any user can become a wellness ambassador on social media, overnight - literally!
We have curated a selection of products, brands and categories to help our users and their followers find solutions to life’s daily needs.
What’s in it for you?
Here are 10 reasons to partner with us:
- Become a wellness ambassador on social media.
- Create your own custom-made and free e-store. Instantly!
- Save time on building an e-commerce
- Save energy on managing people to run an e-store.
- Save money as there are no investments either.
- Earn up to 20% Commission and Rs. 2000 per sale.
- Earn anytime, anywhere. All you need is your smartphone.
- You can even earn on your own purchases.
- Get the best brands and daily offers for authentic wellness products.
- Be your own boss.
We reward our partners handsomely. Get paid every time someone buys from your Zotezo estore via bank transfer.
Simply Share & Earn!!
How to Set Up Your Zotezo e-Store
If you are new to shopping on Instagram, you are not alone. You may have some catching up to do.
- Go to Zotezo Partner Site.
- Click the “Open My Store” button.
- Sign up. Complete your profile with your name, email, mobile number, and choose your store name.
- Add wellness products: Choose from over 100,000 health, beauty, fitness products and medicines.
- Instantly share your e-store with your audience on social media.
How To Switch To an Instagram Business Profile
Either switch to a Business Profile from your regular Instagram profile, or create a new one.
- Tap the 3 bars on the top right from your regular profile.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Switch to Business Profile.
- We recommend that you connect your Business Profile to a Facebook Page that is associated with your business.
- Add contact details and product category.
- Tap Done.
Get Started With Instagram Shopping For E-commerce
Instagram is owned by Facebook, so their business profiles can be linked and advertised.
- Connect your Instagram Business Profile to a Facebook page you manage.
- To set up Instagram Shopping, you need to set up a Facebook catalogue. Add a list of products to it in compliance with Instagram’s e-commerce policy.
- Now you are ready to add Instagram Shopping to your profile.
- Share good images from your Facebook catalogue using tags and stories and highlights.
What if you cannot set it up this way yet?
- Simply copy-paste the URL of your Zotezo eStore on the website section of your Instagram profile (either personal or business).
- Create Instagram shoppable posts.
- Promote it on Facebook, YouTube and paid ads.
How To Create Instagram Shoppable Posts & Ads
You can directly sell products online, as opposed to promoting the entire e-store. To get the best results, create Instagram shoppable posts by telling stories and by tagging a few products.
Step 1. Enable Product Tagging
- Switch it to a Business Profile using the name of your blog or Facebook page.
- Tap the Get Started alert at the top of your profile page, (if no alert, select Options).
- Tap Products.
- Select a product catalogue.
Step 2. Tag your posts.
- Tap Tag Products from the Share screen.
- Tap the items on the photo you wish to tag (make sure you stock them in your e-store).
- Type the product names on the search box and select when they appear.
Step 3. Promote your e-store.
- Partner with Influencers for a wider reach.
- Collect user-submitted photos posted by users. This is UGC. Just tag them in your post if you choose their photo to regram.
- Create a unique hashtag (#) for your brand. Mention relevant health, fitness beauty and wellness hashtags.
- Use Instagram Stories regularly. These social ‘slideshows’ are live for 24 hours, but they can be saved on a device for later.
- Post product teasers of your best sellers.
- Create sponsored ads to reach non-followers.
After making your initial Instagram posts, you can go about advertising it to a new audience. Instagram uses Facebook-like advertising, so you can boost your best performing content first, including:
- Carousel/Dynamic Ads
- Stories Canvas
Step 4. Use Instagram Insights.
Track how your Zotezo online store is performing anytime with the built-in Insights tool. Get useful insights into your follower demographics and when they logon.
It is easy to use the free Instagram Insights tool!
- Go to your (business) profile.
- Click the insert insights icon in the top right corner.
- Click ‘See More’ in the Posts section.
- Tap the header of the next page.
What’s in store for Instagram shopping?
Facebook-owned Instagram is all set to boom. We mean monetarily. Here’s why:
- Facebook leads in volume, but Instagram leads in growth and engagement.
- User-generated content will get a big boost from shopping tags.
- DIY e-commerce platforms are getting more and more popular.
- Instagram Highlights are the latest shoppable post features.
- Instagram is planning to launch paid ads for promoting shoppable photos.
- Instagram is thinking about making a stand-alone shopping app.
What are Instagram Highlights?
Story Highlights is the next thing new thing. Instagram introduced this in 2018 as a powerful content tool for influencers and businesses. It may be a good idea to read up a step by step guide on how to use this valuable feature.
How do you organize Highlights?
The more creative you are, the better when it comes to organizing your Instagram Story Highlights. Create different highlights for the various shop categories within your Instagram page, so your followers can easily navigate them without looking through all your stories. These categories appear as small icons on the top of your business profile.
Here are a few examples with reference to our Zotezo Shop and Connect:
- Fitness & Diet
- Get Gorgeous
- Conditions & Cure
- Tried & Tested
- Social Commerce
- Healthy Ageing
- Healthy Recipes
- Smart Home
- Wellness Is
- Tutorial Videos
- FAQ / Queries
- What’s Trending
Instagram Shopping is still new. So this is a good time to start experimenting with the platform to see which features work best for your e-commerce business. We wish all our Zotezo users and future partners a wonderful future with social sharing.