The role of deep breathing is very important in the practice of Asanas or yoga postures. Yoga and breathing exercises together are simple stress-busters. Do these 7 easy yoga poses anytime to unwind.
Yoga helps rejuvenate both the body and mind. So, what better way is there to reduce stress naturally than by combining deep breathing with yoga?
Here are seven easy asanas that can help you de-stress from the comfort of your home.
- Seated Breathing: One of the easiest ways to release stress is to breathe deeply in a seated position. Sit in a chair keeping your back naturally straight. Inhale and exhale as deeply as you can, making sure you breathe out completely.
- Pride Pose: Standing with your feet and legs hip distance apart, hold your arms straight up above your shoulders (you can also keep them in a ‘Y’ position). Take 3 long, deep breaths.
- Lunge With Arms Up: Stretch your right leg back, keeping it straight. Stay on your toes and bend your left knee. (This is a basic lunge position). Put both arms above your shoulders, and take 3 long, deep breaths. Step into the Mountain Pose to take a breath. Repeat with the other leg and step into the Mountain Pose to finish.
- Warrior Two: With your right leg stretched behind the left, bend your left knee (similar to a lunge position). Stretch your arms horizontally, right arm behind and left arm in front, and take 3 long, deep breaths. Repeat on the other side.
- Mountain Pose: After Warrior Two, step forward, and stand normally with both arms on either side. Slightly rotate your shoulders so your palms face forward, without puffing out your chest. Take 3 long, deep breaths.
- Legs Up On Chair: Lying on your back, elevate your legs up on a wall (or on a chair) for support. This yoga pose reduces physical stress, reduces pain and swelling in your legs. It improves blood circulation to and from the heart and the rest of the body by reversing the blood flow away from your legs.
[Also Read: Top 10 Best Yoga Mats in India]
- Corpse Pose: This is simply Mountain Pose but lying down on your back, and with the arms and legs slightly more open. Take long, deep breaths till you feel relaxed. Repeat the corpse pose with your legs elevated on a wall to de-stress.
What is your favourite yoga pose for stress relief?
You may ask what is the importance of breathing in yoga? You may wonder if these yoga poses are too simple for you to be effective. But it is simple yoga poses that you will have the energy to do even after a long day. Plus, there are many health benefits of doing yoga and breathing exercises. If stress or anxiety is the reason you are falling sick, you must try these easy yoga poses and breathing.
Explore yoga and other sports and fitness accessories and equipment.
Tell us how doing yoga and breathing exercises daily has helped take the worry out of your day.