Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder - 5 lbs, 2.27 Kg
out of 10
No review box found! Insert a valid box ID.
Are you a subject matter expert?
Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) are the purest form of whey protein that currently exists. WPIs are costly to use, but rate among the best proteins that money can buy. That’s why they’re the first ingredient you read on the Gold Standard 100% Whey label. By using WPI as the primary ingredient along with premium ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate (WPC), we’re able to pack 24 grams of protein into every serving to support your muscle building needs after training. ON’s attention to detail also extends to mixability. This superior quality powder has been instantized to mix easily using a shaker cup or just a glass and spoon. There’s no doubt that this is the standard by which all other whey proteins are measured.
Features & Benefits:
- 24 grams of whey protein per serving with whey protein isolates as the primary ingredient and just 1 gram of sugar and 1 gram of fat
- 5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs and over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid in each serving
- Whey protein microfractions from whey protein isolate and ultrafiltered whey protein concentrate
- Use first thing in the morning, before/after exercise or after weight training
- Protein Type : Whey Protein
- Usage Timings : As per Requirement
- Form : Powder
- Dietary Preference : No Trans Fat
- Composition : Cholesterol 40 mg, Sugars 2 g, Calories from fat 10, Total Carbohydrate 2 g, Calcium 8%, Sodium 130 mg, Iron 0%, Protein 24 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Calories 110, Vitamin A 0%, Total Fat 1 g, Vitamin C 0%, Trans Fat 0 g
- Number of Scoops per Container : 68-75 scoops
- Shelf Life : 24 Months
- Container Type : Jar
- Food Preference : Vegetarian
- Serving Size : 24 g
WHAT WHEY PROTEIN IS
The thick liquid that you see with yogurt is whey. Cow milk contains two types of protein – casein(80%) and whey(20%). Most of the time we throw away the thick liquid without knowing its nutritional value. Scientists claims that having whey protein supplement helps a bodybuilder or a sportsperson to maintain health, build muscles and manage weight like never before. So, it is not possible for a modern gym enthusiast to think of any other food supplement but whey.
TYPES OF WHEY
There are three types of whey
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
How Much Protein You Need
|Age Group||Protein Needed/Day|
Muscle men love whey protein. True. But whey might be equally necessary for individuals who love to stay fit and healthy doing enough outdoor activity. Even a healthy diet may not be sufficient for you. You may feel the need of extra protein to gain weight. Her we give you complete low-down on how whey protein supplement helps you get your desired body.
If hunger is your weakness and is a hindrance to your journey in rediscovering the slender you? Whey helps you manage hunger and avoid inevitable obesity due to overeating. Drinking whey drink reduces the amount of a hormone called ghrelin the is responsible to make you feel hungry upto 4 hours. A protein shake instead of high calorie snacks will help you manage your hunger in a healthy way.
Cancer is perhaps one of the most feared disease in the world. Many types of cancer are curable completely and whey may give you that extra strength in fighting cancer. Researchers claim that whey protein is effective in prostate and colon cancertreatment.
COPING WITH STRESS
Drinking whey health drink helps you to deal with stress and depression effectively. The protein regulates secretion of serotonin hormone in brain and keeps stress level lower.
IMPROVED IMMUNE SYSTEM
Scientist discovered that by supplementing with whey protein reduces glutathione levels. This is specially beneficial for people who like extended cardio sessions, but want to avoid the risk of reduction of glutathione levels.
HOW TO USE WHEY
WITH BREAKFAST Add one or two scoop of protein powder with other healthy food items for your breakfast.
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 1-2 cups of tasty vegetables
- 2 types of fruit
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Mix with almond milk, regular milk or water
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- 1 cup of fresh vegetables
- 1 handful of fruit
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter or similar
- Have with almond milk, regular milk or water
Protein shakes are necessary for muscle builders and need to drink a glass of whey beverage just after the workout session to enjoy maximum benefits. But, don’t panic if you miss a glass of whey once in a while, because, nothing is more important than a balanced diet.
Select the right amount of whey protein powder to increase strength and endurance. For building strength, you should take up to 45-50 grams of whey protein powder during your workout session, three times weekly.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.