Hindware Water Purifier
Livpure Water Purifier
Pureit Water Purifier
Are you in search of the best water purifier in India? Then you have come to the right page.
Think of what you all you need to survive. Definitely, water is one of the most essential things that comes to your mind. It is the elixir of life and has a direct impact on a person’s health. Access to safe, clean water is a basic human right.
We live in pollution- ridden and highly toxic environment which leads to numerous health problems. As a result, there is an increase in the demand for water purifiers. The advanced purification process removes dissolved impurities and makes it safe for consumption.
Did you know that more than 65% of Indians suffers from water borne diseases? So having the best water purifier for home is a must.
But the question is: which is the best water purifier in India?
There are different brands introducing various water purifiers in the market. This makes it difficult to select the best one.
To help you out, we have made a combined list of Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India. The list is based on thorough research so that you choose the best purifier for your use.
Here’s the List of Top 10 Best Water Purifiers in India
The list has been prepared and ratings have been given based on storage capacity, warranty, installation, and purification levels.
10. A.O. Smith X748-Watt RO Water Purifier
With Reverse Osmosis purification technology, A.O. Smith is at number 10 on our list of top 10 best water purifiers in India. This water purifier is designed and shaped carefully to match your kitchen decor. It uses the silver charge membrane technology that ensures double purification. Since there is no bypassing of the membrane, you get the pure drinking water possible. The mineralizer adds minerals to the water making it healthy and tasty to drink.
- RO+SCMT (Silver Charged Membrane Technology)
- 7 stage water purification
- 9 liters storage capacity
- Get hot purified water at a press of a button
- This comes with mineralizer technology
- 2 Years RO membrane warranty
- Comes with a water level indicator
- Includes purifier, user manual, warranty card, and service center details
- Large storage capacity for a large family.
- Advanced digital display with water level indicator
- The convenience of wall mounting or tabletop
- Has a water drip tray
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Comes with a child lock feature to prevent accidents
- The brand does not provide additional AMC
- Have to change filters every 3-4 months
- The size of the filter is quite big
- This water purifier is more expensive than its counterparts
- Installation is chargeable
9. LG Puricare WW140NP RO + Mineral Booster
At number 9, we have LG Puricare. LG is a famous brand for consumer appliances and hence bags a place on the Top 10 list of best water purifier in India. Stay healthy with the freshness of the purest form of water. This purifier comes with a 5 stage RO filtration system adding minerals in 100 Percent RO purified water.
- Technology: true RO filtration + mineral booster
- 8 liters storage capacity
- Ultraviolet LED rays sterilize the RO water for 75 minutes at 6-hour intervals
- Has a digital sterilizing facility
- 5 stage water purification
- Dual protection stainless steel tank
- Includes 1-Piece water purifier, owner manual, and warranty card
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Water level indicator is present
- Free installation is provided
- Has a large storage capacity
- High level of water purification
- Filter change indicator present
- Comes with 4 free maintenance service
- The purifier has a large size
- Can only be wall mounted
- RO filtration wastes a good amount of water
- The motor needs to be replaced every 2 years
- This product is extremely expensive
8. Kent Grand Wall Mountable RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier
Kent Grand is at number 8 on this list of best water purifier for home with 4 levels of purification. KENT Grand+ uses futuristic technology to provide you completely safe and clean drinking water. This is one of the best-selling water purifiers for home with a TDS controller.
- RO + UV/UF + TDS controller purification system
- The storage capacity is 8 liters
- Purification capacity of up to 15 liters per hour
- The product is made up of high-quality ABS food plastic
- Comes with 4 stage water purification system
- Includes: Water Purifier, Installation kit and user manual technology
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- The brand gives you 3 years extended warranty for free
- Purifies inlet water from all sources
- Has a high storage capacity
- Free installation is given
- A UV change indicator is present
- This product has an excellent design
- Product is extremely easy to use
- The body is made with plastic which can be less durable
- This is an RO purifier which wastes a fair amount of water
- The product needs filter replacement every 8 months
- Has a high maintenance cost
7. Mi Smart 7 L RO + UV Water Purifier
Safe, Smart and Affordable, this a water purifier designed for Indian homes It features a minimalistic design and has a filter life of one year. The one-touch smart app connectivity makes it an ideal choice for today’s homeowner and gives it a number 7 spot on our list of top 10 water purifier in India.
- RO + UV: Suitable for borewell water
- Removes microbes and hard water TDS
- The storage capacity is 7 liters
- Has 5 stage purification process
- Provides in-tank UV Sterilisation
- Real-time TDS and filter life monitoring
- You can connect this purifier to the Mi Home app using your Wi-Fi
- 1-year product warranty
- The product filter lasts for 12 months
- Very easy to operate
- Gives you app alerts for filter purchase
- A sleek and classy design
- DIY filter replacement in 30 seconds
- Provides you with a free installation
- Has a good storage capacity
- This product can only be wall mounted
- Does not come with water level alerts
- You need to pay for an extra level of filtration
- Water wastage is too high
6. Tata Swach Ultima Silver RO+UV Water Purifier
At number 6 of our list of best water purifier in India, we have a water purifier from the house of Tata. With user-friendly alerts and zero water wastage, the purifier deserves to be in your home. The Tata Swach Ultima Silver RO + UV purifier gives assured safe drinking water for your family.
- Technology: RO+UV water purification
- The tank is made of food-grade plastic
- Comes with 6 stage purification
- Has a storage capacity of 8 liters
- System fail-safe mode indicator
- Includes: water purifier, user manual, warranty card, and service manual
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Filtered water tastes amazing
- No need for frequent filter change since it can last for 12 months
- Zero wastage of waterIt includes a pre-filter option
- Storage capacity is high, suitable for large families
- Easy to install and use
- Suitable for underground water
- The item weight is huge
- Need to pay extra for additional filter
- The price is on the higher side
5. Havells Max 7 liters RO UV Purifier
It features a compact design that can be mounted in a corner of the kitchen. The machine revitalizes and restructures water molecules for pure water. It maintains the normal PH balance and fortifies it for clean and safe drinking water. Havells purifier is at number 5 on our list of Top 10 Best Water Purifier for Home in India.
- Absolute safety through RO and UV purification
- Revitalizer structures
- Comes with 7 stage purification
- Has a storage capacity of 7 liters
- Revitalizer technology for better mineral absorption
- Flow rate: Up to 15 liters per hour
- This is able to maintain PH levels
- Warranty is 1 year
- Has a fairly large storage capacity
- This product has several alerts like UF, UV, pump failure
- You get a removable tankIt is very easy to use
- Get a free installation service
- It can be kept mounted or on a table-top
- Has a space-saving, compact design
- Best-in-class purification technology
- Value for money with all the features provided
- You may have to change the filter within 6 months
- Product has a high maintenance cost
4. Blue Star Aristo RO+UV Water Purifier
The number 4 spot is given to the Blue Star brings to you this water purifier which comes with Reverse Osmosis and Ultraviolet technology. It provides you clean drinking water by removing germs and impurities. This water purifier is a combination of elegance combined with great performance.
- Triple-Layered RO+UV+UF Protection
- This uses 7 stages of water purification
- Has a 10-inch filter for efficient purification
- The tank capacity is 7 liters
- Aqua taste booster maintains taste level
- Includes: Water Purifier, User Manual and Warranty Card
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Has a child lock function which prevents accidents or damage
- Activated carbon removes smell and enhances the taste
- There are several indicators like purification, tank fullTank capacity is fairly large
- Low water pressure alert indication
- Has an elegant design
- Comes with a water dispenser for fresh clean water
- You get free installation for this purifier
- Best in class features for this price
- Has a high cost of maintenance
- You have to pay extra charges for filter replacement
3. Pureit Ultima RO+UV Water Purifier
At number 3 on our list of top 10 best water purifiers in India is Pureit. This advanced water purifier has the capacity to clear 10 million germs from 1L of water as the water passes through various treatments like UV and RO to assure the safest drinking water for you and your family.
- Advanced 7-stage purification
- Can be used for TDS up to 2000 ppm
- RO + UV + Mineral filter technology
- Food grade engineered plastic container
- The storage capacity of 10 liters
- Dispense water at the touch of a button
- Included: Water Purifier, Installation Kit, External Sediment Filter
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Has an advanced alert system
- Get 100% RO purified water
- Auto shut off feature does not let any water get wasted
- Purity Indicator: Senses water quality up to 5000 times a second
- Has huge water storage capacity for large families
- High purification capacity
- Free installation is provided by the brand
- The water purifier looks classy
- Can only be wall mounted
- The price is quite high when you compare with its counterparts
2. Livpure PEP Pro Plus RO+UV+UF Water Purifier
Livpure Pep Pro++ 7 L RO + UV +UF water purifier is impressive considering durability and the build quality. The user-friendly tap ensures that you can fill a glass or water bottle with purified water, with easy. The body of this water purifier made with ABS plastic, non-toxic and food-grade material. These features justify why it is at number 2 on our list of top 10 water purifier in India.
- RO + UV + UF + Taste enhancer technology
- The effective storage capacity of 7 liters
- Utilizes 7 Stages Of Purification
- Works Upto 1500 Tds
- Level Sediment Filter
- Purifies at 12 hours per liter rate
- Has pre-activated carbon filter
- Comes with an Antiscalant Cartridge
- This Water Purifier Is ideal for Small Families
- Removes any kind of virus and bacteria from water
- Warranty available is 1 year on the product
- Comes in a modern design which fits in small spaces
- RO membrane decontaminates 75-80 gallons of water per day
- Has a fair amount of storage capacity suitable for medium families
- Taste enhancer further improves the quality of water
- The water purifier prevents scale accumulation on the RO membrane layer
- Successfully eliminates micro-organisms with (UV) disinfection column
- Effective in the purification of any kind of water
- Different alerts like UV fail, purification, tank full indication
- The brand provides free installation service
- Does not have TDS controller
1. Hindware Elara 7-Liter Water Purifier
For the number 1 spot which was a tough choice has been awarded to Hindware Elara. This RO+UV+UF+Mineral water purifier is attractive and does the purification job well. It is one of the best water purifiers in India for home and office. Get safe, clean drinking water with super performance filters.
- 7 stage purification system
- Superior RO membrane which reduces TDS up to 1800 ppm
- Has an absorbent pre-carbon filter
- Comes with super performance filters
- Has a 7 Ltr storage tank
- 1 water purifier, power adapter, user manual, warranty card included
- 1-year product warranty
- 3 LED indicators for purification, power, and tank full
- Can be operated without great effort
- Water capacity is enough for small-medium families
- It adds minerals to the water
- Post carbon filter enhances the taste and transparency
- Glossy and super stylish design
- This product has a TDS filter
- Comes with a detachable drip which collects excess water
- Not very high on the maintenance of filters
- Free Installation service provided across India
- Good value for money
- The only con is that it cannot be kept on a tabletop
Why Do You Need a Water Purifier?
Water can contain dirt, minerals, chemicals and other impurities that can endanger your health, The microscopic organisms, and bacteria that can cause serious illness. Water purifiers can make water free from chlorine and gives us clean and purified water to drink. Below are some reasons as to why we need a water purifier at home or office.
1. Removes harmful substances from water:
Arsenic: Arsenic is perhaps the most dangerous substance present in tap water. Research shows that arsenic causes different types of cancer. A water purifier can help remove toxins and reduce the risk of cancer.
Aluminum: Unfiltered tap water contains aluminum in excessive amounts. And it is associated with hyperactivity, liver diseases, and Alzheimer’s disease. A purifier can help remove these to provide safe water.
Chlorine & Bacteria Levels: Chlorine in drinking water can cause serious health problems like Cardiovascular problems, Asthma, Birth defects, etc. Using a purifier can keep your family safe and improve the quality of your life.
2. Alkaline Water:
Water’s pH level ranges from 0 to 14. 7 is considered neutral or balanced between acidic and alkaline. Water below 7 on the pH scale, is “acidic.” If it’s higher than 7, it’s “alkaline.” At pH Alkaline water has a higher pH level than normal drinking water. Due to this reason, it is believed that it can neutralize the acid in our bodies and induce better health.
Alkaline water is said to have health benefits like better hydration, enhanced immunity, skin health, detoxification, weight loss, cancer resistance, easy bowel movement, etc. It replenishes the body with liquid antioxidants that get quickly absorbed. Water purifiers give you alkaline water which is essential for leading healthy lives.
Boiling water can help remove contaminants, but it is also a time-consuming process, especially when large amounts of water are required. Water purification systems are more convenient as it purifies water and side by side saves your time.
4. Improved Flavor:
Impurities can give water an unpleasant and metallic taste. Water purifiers can enhance the taste and flavor of drinking water.
5. Healthier Foods:
These purification systems do more than just provide drinking water free of contaminants. It gives you a steady supply of purified water that can be used for purposes, like rinsing off vegetables, meats or preparing meals and brewing coffee or tea. Hence, you enjoy healthy food always.
Getting a packaged water bottle is a costly affair. Investing in a water purifier can guarantee you filtered water for a considerable period of time. Hence, you can save money in the long run.
7. Healthier Pets and Plants:
It’s not just you who can be benefited from a water purifier, It can even be your plants and pets. Purified water can provide hydration, prevent damage from pollutants for your plants. This, in turn, helps the environment. And clean, filtered water can ensure the longevity of your loved pets.
Features to be considered while buying the best water purifier in India
If you want to buy the best Water Purifier for home, it is vital that you keep certain factors in mind for determining the quality. Apart from knowing the type of water you use for drinking, see the features below:
1. Water Pressure
One of the most important features to consider while buying the best water purifier in India for home is water pressure. If you do not have a water supply at a good level, consider buying an activated carbon purifier. Both RO and UV filters require water at good pressure to remove impurities. If incoming water flow does not have sufficient pressure, the filters will not work properly. You can try by attaching a pump to the RO filtration unit to boost the pressure.
2. Water Quality
Water can be hard or soft. Soft water is obtained from natural resources like rivers, lakes, which is sourced by the municipality. While hard water (high in acids, high mineral content) is basically underground water which is drained Opt for a UV Purifier if you use soft water. And, in case of hard water get an RO or RO + UV Water Purifier.
3. Storage Capacity
Another important feature to consider is the storage capacity of a water purifier. Not all purifiers have a storage option. If you wish to collect purified water or your locality has power supply issues, you should opt for a storage type.
4. Convenient Installation
An important feature to look for in the best water purifier is how easy and convenient it is to install the product. There are brands that offer products that require expert help. There are ones that come with an easy installation guide. So, it’s important you decide the one which best suits you.
5. Price and Specifications
A basic version of a water purifier is more cost-effective. Whereas more the specifications there are more chances that the product will be costly. So this is also an important reason for consideration when buying a purifier.
6. Electricity Consumption
Since water purifiers need electricity to operate ensure that there is 24*7 electricity in your homes. Consistent electricity is very important before you consider buying a purifier.
Choose brands that come with long years of warranty to guarantee customer satisfaction. Go for ones. Apart from other features always look for a water purifier that comes with a longer warranty duration.
Different Types of Water Purifiers
There are different types of Water Purifiers available. Now let us map them, to the different water types we have.
1. Ultra-Filtration (UF) Water Purifier
This has hollow fibers of the membrane. It consists of thin layers of a material capable of separating particles from water. Ultrafiltration or UF uses a membrane with much larger pores (appx. 0.01 microns) as compared to RO which uses a membrane with very small pores (appx. 0.0001 microns).
When water passes through this membrane, germs and other particles get trapped in it. The filter is ideal for places where the presence of chemicals is low. So UF purifiers are not suitable for purification of high TDS water or hard water.
2. RO Water Purifier
Reverse Osmosis filtration is the most popular technique of water purification. These purifiers functions on the basis of membrane technology. When water passes through these germs and dissolved particles are separated from the water. Its pores are quite small. And it allows only water to pass through the membrane. RO filtration alters the taste of water because it removes certain minerals along with the dissolved chemicals.
These are recommended for purifying water which has a high TDS level. The TDS level of the output drinking water from the RO purifier is low as compared to the input water.
3. UV Water Purifier
This uses ultraviolet rays to disinfect water and operates on electricity. These have external sediment pre-filters to remove undissolved impurities. And so it is the best purifier you can have at home. UV water purifiers are only recommended for areas where the water source has a low level of TDS.
4. Candle Filter Purifier
These have candle-shaped filters with small pores. Any particle larger than those pores are blocked. This may not be effective to filter out microorganisms. And it is highly recommended that you boil water before drinking. This is most suitable for softer water.
5. Activated Carbon Water Purifier
The activated carbon water purifier machine uses activated carbon to filter water. Activated carbon removes microbes and other dirt and gives you the purest drinking water possible. It also improves taste because all the chemicals get removed from the water. Use only in case of soft waters with a good flow.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Water Purifier in India
(a) What is the RO water purifier?
Ans: RO aka Reverse Osmosis is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and larger particles from drinking water. During this process, the contaminants are filtered out and flushed away, leaving clean and pure water.
(b) What is the UF water purifier?
Ans: UF or ultra-filtration functions without electricity. This water purifier can remove all microorganisms from water including the smallest of viruses. UF is a membrane similar to RO but with bigger pores.
(c) What is a UV water purifier?
Ans: Ultra Violet System or UV is a type of water purifying process to disinfect the bacteria from the water. The ultraviolet rays penetrate the harmful pathogens in your drinking water and make it germ-free.
(d) What is TDS in the water purifier?
Ans: TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids. One of the most effective ways to maintain the TDS level is by using the best RO water purifier. The reverse osmosis process that is used to filter tap water in most home water purifier removes hard water elements. It reduces the hardness of water by up to 90%. This means if the input water has TDS of 700, the output water will have TDS close to 70. This is done by the TDS controller.
(e) What should be the TDS level of RO Water?
Ans: TDS is also known as total dissolved solids. The ideal TDS level in water is in the range of 80-150 mg/L. But in the case of RO water, the level should not be less than 80 mg/L.
(f) What is mtds in a water purifier?
Ans: MTDS regulator of the purifier works with different sources of water. It can controls TDS up to 2000 mg/lts. MTDS water purifier uses active copper technology which adds the goodness of copper in the water.
Water pollution has increased to a great extent in India. So a water purifier is a must-buy for maintaining good health. By reading this article, you surely have all the relevant information regarding water purifiers. We have put together a well-researched buying guide to help you find the best water purifier available in India.
Did we miss out on anything? Please share your feedback on the best water purifier in India in the comment section.